to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Devil May Creator creator not impressed with DMC

Your comments on our articles.

Hideki Kamiyma not moved by new look Dante nor new developers.

Hideki Kamiya, the creator of the Devil May Cry series, isn't impressed by the latest series entry DMC.... read more

Postby mega metal wolf » 17 Sep 2010, 10:31

DMC is pooo, bring back dante and finish off the story
Mega metal wolf, add me to your online friends
mega metal wolf 19

Postby a211andrew » 17 Sep 2010, 10:32

I think the game looks pretty good and I can't believe people want to hate the whole game because the main character has black hair instead of grey hair.
I've also read people don't like it because the new Dante looks "gay". Look at this picture and tell me the character doesn't look gay. http://n4g.com/comments/relatedimages/4273866
a211andrew 27

Postby Liam 05 » 17 Sep 2010, 10:34

I hated it at first but after a few more views it's actually starting to grow on me....it's not like DMC4 was all that great either and as for Nero? Well, I'd prefer the new Dante.
Liam 05 39

Re: Devil May Creator creator not impressed with DMC

Postby Alaric14 » 17 Sep 2010, 15:49

mega metal wolf wrote:DMC is pooo, bring back dante and finish off the story

What story? There is no epic tale being told with this series, it's just a bunch of floppy-haired athletic types having a sword and gun fight!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the DMC series (number 3 was the best, and I'm still pissed off that Vergil got cut from the character roster), but let's not get ahead of ourselves and glorify its pithy dialogue to the point when there's any plot worth talking about.

As you can probably guess, I'm one of the gamers who doesn't care what Dante looks like. Bring on the changes. And a decent script, if at all possible.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby jimbob30 » 17 Sep 2010, 16:48

who ever likes the new devil may cry obviously has no respect for what this game is about or for the creator in my opinoin if the developer created dante doesnt he have the right to take the series and do as he sees fit if dante is his creation why cant he make the sequel ninja theory dont know what this game means to the millions of fans that want a sequel also dante is in marvel vs capcom 3 so what happens now dmc will be a bigger letdown than sega's avp and thats the worst thing that can happen as ive signed the petition and so have thousands of other people to boycot.i hope this crap fails big as then capcom must return to the old form
jimbob30 2

Postby Andy9Beans » 17 Sep 2010, 16:54

Since nobody was particularly "moved" by DMC4 (except those moved to switch it off after running around the same bloody corridors for hours) maybe Hideki Kamiyma should keep his opinions to himself and see what Ninja Theory can do to pull his dying creation back out of the fire.
Andy9Beans 1

Postby swithy lfc » 17 Sep 2010, 20:39

Looks like someones made a mistake in the head line ETC (Devil May Creator creator not impressed with DMC)Should say Devil May Cry Creator.Lol very funny
:lol:
swithy lfc 3

Postby Maverick_McCool » 17 Sep 2010, 21:31

jimbob30 wrote:who ever likes the new devil may cry obviously has no respect for what this game is about or for the creator

Whoa there buddy , lets be acurate here , the game is about beating up a lot of demons until you have to beat up a bigger demon. Beat up some more demons until you beat up an even bigger demon and then.....

Well you get the idea.
Now , don't get me wrong , for this type of game it's pretty damn good , it looks good and , hell yeah Dante is a cool guy to play as.

But to boycott a game based on the colour of the guy's hair in a screenshot is just mental. If , as it has been mentioned , this is a prequel , how do you know there won't be some amazing plot device that makes his hair turn white and then all the fans can shout and cheer at their TV's in joy and the world will be set to rights again!

All I'm saying is , don't right the entire thing of after so little info bud.
Maverick_McCool 45

Re: Devil May Creator creator not impressed with DMC

Postby CunningSmile » 20 Sep 2010, 08:46

a211andrew wrote:I've also read people don't like it because the new Dante looks "gay". Look at this picture and tell me the character doesn't look gay. http://n4g.com/comments/relatedimages/4273866

:lol: He isn't exactly the most manly man walking the planet is he? I've dated more manly people (but only due to very poor club lighting)
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby RandomJokerThug » 20 Sep 2010, 17:02

Just ONE question where is Dante's sword, forget his hair for a bit all i saw was Dante beating the Hell out of some demons, with his fists. DMC4 kinda missed the point they should have focused on the existing story as in Dante vs Vergil, Sparda and all that, instead of creating new characters and story lines. But thats exactly what gonna happen aging tones of new characters with no context to what has come before.
RandomJokerThug 1

Postby BeyondFate » 21 Sep 2010, 03:29

Seriously, I was er.. shocked when I first saw the news on Kotaku, then I read the article and saw it wasn't by the original team.

Won't be buying this game, it's not a true Devil May Cry game. I buy the Devil May Cry games because they're awesome, the whole Dante dynamic, I can't believe Capcom did this, letting another studio mess with their series.
BeyondFate 1

Postby Harlequin_Felis » 21 Sep 2010, 05:38

All the crap about it not being a 'true' DMC game... Well that'd be like saying later FF's aren't true because the original creator left, or Fallout 3 is a travesty for not being a pure Black Isles development.

This said, I'm not sure the creator really has a leg to stand on. DMC1- critically aclaimed. DMC2- the one no one liked. DMC3- flawed but awesome. DMC4- some cool moments, but ultimately a letdown.

Seeing as he's only had a 50% success rate with the series, maybe it *is* time to pass the torch and see what can be done to breathe some new life into the franchise.
Harlequin_Felis 1

Postby Cidiyance » 21 Sep 2010, 17:25

Bring back the monsters, bring back the gothic scenery and bring back DANTE!!!
I genrally don't approve of reboots at all and this is no exception!
Cidiyance 41

Postby BeyondFate » 21 Sep 2010, 23:47

All the crap about it not being a 'true' DMC game... Well that'd be like saying later FF's aren't true because the original creator left, or Fallout 3 is a travesty for not being a pure Black Isles development

Wrong. And not a very good analogy there.

This isn't a true *Devil May Cry* game because they've taken an already established series, taken out what made it special, taken out the lead character and all he represents and replaced it well, with what you see.

To avoid making a huge wall of text response. Basically look at Devil May Cry 1 - 4, and what makes the games great, look at the merits of each game. Now, the Devil May Cry games have always been about Dantes story, this is what makes them so awesome. You can't just replace that, it doesn't work.

This isn't the true Dante. We don't want a new emo Dante who looks quite frankly ridiculus.

Comparing to Final Fantasy is invalid. The Final Fantasy games have their own unique worlds and characters, besides X-2 they're not linked.

It'd be like remaking your favouirte tv show half way through it and replacing everything that was special about it in the first place.

This is how most people feel.
BeyondFate 1

it doesnt even resemble what should be

Postby jimbob30 » 22 Sep 2010, 16:26

its the whole damn game that looks crap to me i hate reboots and this never needed a reboot just a new story with dante back as the lead plain and simple.i was told u cant moan because of the loss of white hair but its the whole new dante i dont want even the levels in the trailer look bland to me as if its trying to mimic devil may cry 2 and thats bad from the start but this will be worse and developers are meant to go with what will be the selling point of the games they make.I honestly cant see this getting any better than a 3 out of 10 as to many fans myself included would rather play dmc 4 or even 2 and ninja theory boo.look what blue castle games has done with dead rising 2 they have keept the look that it should have.in my mind capcom should have given dmc to them
jimbob30 2

Next