to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Brink DLC Agents of Change details and screenshots

Your comments on our articles.

Splash Damage pack coming early July, free for two weeks

Bethesda has fired over screenshots and details for Brink's Agents of Change DLC pack, which releases in early July.... read more

Brink DLC Agents of Change details and screenshots

Postby wishface » 24 Jun 2011, 19:42

Well I suppose it's good that the devs if noone else at least have faith in this dreadful game but hold on...

the preamble on this site says this is due out next month, so not June as was previously advertised (surprise surprise).

it also said that this will be free for two weeks, so this content is not going to be entirely free as was also advertised.

Nice one SD, way to carry on shafting the people loyal enough to put up with you foisting this half baked bollocks onto them.
wishface 41

Postby MutantMeteor » 24 Jun 2011, 23:43

Wishface - do you spend your free time in city centres prophersising the end of the world ?

Every post you make is bile filled rants on the state of todays games.

Brink is not the mess you seem intent on portraying, it may have it issues but is a "good multiplayer game"
MutantMeteor 34

Postby wishface » 25 Jun 2011, 07:38

MutantMeteor wrote:Wishface - do you spend your free time in city centres prophersising the end of the world ?

Every post you make is bile filled rants on the state of todays games.

Brink is not the mess you seem intent on portraying, it may have it issues but is a "good multiplayer game"
the state of today's games is laughable. Brink is in no way a good multiplayer game. It has so many flaws, looks like arse and plays no better. Why defend a turd? If gamers had the balls to call for better quality, they'd get better quality. Instead, they just moan at anyone that criticises something they like.
wishface 41

Postby Tiamtu » 25 Jun 2011, 08:49

Will there be new achievements? If so, I'll play it to 'whore' a little; if not, I doubt I'll bother.

And why defend a turd? What if it is YOUR turd and someone is casting assertions upon its very being?
Tiamtu 16

Postby Spiderless » 25 Jun 2011, 11:51

Story of the OXM forum: Wishface moans - people moan at wishface. I really don't give a toss who is 'right' but if you had a piechart of forum activity 90% of it would be 'wishface moaning and people moaning at wishface', its boring, stop it.

On topic I'd be surprised if this revived the game, its got too much negative press and most people have already got rid of it. Obviously I'd be happy if it did revive it, Brink has some seriously good elements, mostly poorly executed, but the potential is there.
Spiderless 25

Postby DMIK » 25 Jun 2011, 12:12

Obviously there have been problems with Brink but the game itself is good fun. I haven't suffered from the lag issues all that much, and as a result I've actually quite enjoyed my time with Brink.

It seems to have escaped our friend here that gaming is about having fun. As long as I'm enjoying playing a game, the fact it has issues with gameplay or visuals or net code becomes irrelevant in many respects. Clearly Brink isn't going to win design awards or get any 10/10 ratings from myself, but at the end of the day I have enjoyed playing it. Could I have enjoyed it more if there were fewer issues, probably so, but I have enjoyed it all the same. That is good enough for me, it won't be a game I keep and play for years, but as a month or so of something a bit different in the FPS market, it wasn't so bad I couldn't enjoy playing it. Complaining about what it is every time there is a news story doesn't do anyone any good. If Brink isn't for you, then move on, find something you enjoy playing. Not every game is going to be videogame perfection, the same with any form of media, life is too short to moan about what could have been with every game ever released.

Hope you find someone that loves you, and the odd game that you can bring yourself to love :wink:
DMIK 4

Postby CunningSmile » 25 Jun 2011, 13:55

Spiderless wrote:Story of the OXM forum: Wishface moans - people moan at wishface. I really don't give a toss who is 'right' but if you had a piechart of forum activity 90% of it would be 'wishface moaning and people moaning at wishface', its boring, stop it.

My personal quote of the week. Thank you sir, really made me laugh.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Spiderless » 25 Jun 2011, 19:24

CunningSmile wrote:
Spiderless wrote:Story of the OXM forum: Wishface moans - people moan at wishface. I really don't give a toss who is 'right' but if you had a piechart of forum activity 90% of it would be 'wishface moaning and people moaning at wishface', its boring, stop it.

My personal quote of the week. Thank you sir, really made me laugh.

Not sure if your being sarcastic but I'll take it as a compliment anyway!
Spiderless 25

Postby wishface » 26 Jun 2011, 20:56

Tiamtu wrote:And why defend a turd? What if it is YOUR turd and someone is casting assertions upon its very being?

No doubt the creators of the game don't want criticism. Who would? But that's not how the world works when you release a commercial product like Brink.
wishface 41

Postby Tiamtu » 27 Jun 2011, 08:00

wishface wrote:
Tiamtu wrote:And why defend a turd? What if it is YOUR turd and someone is casting assertions upon its very being?

No doubt the creators of the game don't want criticism. Who would? But that's not how the world works when you release a commercial product like Brink.

I know. I was merely being silly.

So, anyway... Achievements!?
Tiamtu 16

Postby wishface » 27 Jun 2011, 08:04

and those are not 360 screenshots either.
wishface 41

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Jun 2011, 08:27

Good spot. Edited.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby wishface » 27 Jun 2011, 19:51

That's how the game's always been marketed. Not hard to see why when you boot the game up on the 360. Even the in game trailer that's in the extra's section that you can watch is the PC footage.

Contemptible. pretty ridiculous when the game's own makers have zero faith in it.
wishface 41

Re: Brink DLC Agents of Change details and screenshots

Postby packedup » 22 Feb 2013, 20:58

[code][/code]

would you give me some tips for brinck like how to be under cover
packedup 3