to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Rage demo hits Xbox Live, includes Wellspring and Ghost Clan

Your comments on our articles.

Another chance to sample id Software's stonking Mad Max FPS

Bethesda has released a single player demo for id Software's post-apocalyptic shooter Rage on Xbox Live. It's a timed Xbox 360 exclusive. Good work, chaps.... read more

Rage demo hits Xbox Live, includes Wellspring and Ghost Clan

Postby lawsond28 » 22 Nov 2011, 18:08

I am indeed a proud owner of 'Rage' and I confess that I texted my buddy within 10 minutes of firing it up to tell him he had to go out and buy it immediately. I was awestruck at how god damned amazing this game looked and played. It was like a beautiful hybrid between Bioshock, Borderlands and Fallout 3 had found itself in my console, and I loved each one of those classics. Oddly, even though I would still recommend the awesome Rage to anyone, I've found my recent gaming time has been hijacked of late by Gotham's favourite vigilante billionaire. Marcus Fenix and the boys have also shaved off some of my Rage time. I'm gonna have to pretend that Skyrim hasn't even been released yet, and I may have to freeze my LoveFilm account otherwise I fear that my time playing Rage will soon become non-existent. There's just not enough hours in the day any more.
What's the thinking behind releasing the demo now, rather than closer to the release date? Peeps aren't likely to be picking up Rage now that Gears 3, Arkham City, MW3 and Skyrim have hit the shelves. Are they?
Never trust a dog to watch your food.
lawsond28 32

Re: Rage demo hits Xbox Live, includes Wellspring and Ghost

Postby Mr Scarecrow901 » 22 Nov 2011, 21:54

I may have to check this out. If I can be bothered to stop playing Battlefield 3 multiplayer!
Mr Scarecrow901 20

Postby whelly1985 » 23 Nov 2011, 17:38

i thought rage was brillaint, yes the missions get abit tedious as they are pretty much the same thing (go here, kill everyone, return repeat) but i really liked it, the only downside i would say is the ending which has got to be the worst ending in a game i have ever come across
whelly1985 21

Postby jakandtom94 » 23 Nov 2011, 23:07

I loved Rage! It just worked so well! The only bad thing about it was the ending which was kind of "meh". Also, when is the DLC going to be out for this? I'm sure id said it would be coming out soon after launch. I haven't heard anything :(
Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister.
jakandtom94 13