to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dead Rising 3 doing a GTA: San Andreas? - rumour

Your comments on our articles.

New Dead Rising set in California, deals with illegal immigration according to reports

Dead Rising 3 is set in California, stars an auto-mechanic named Rick, and features a motorbike with a steam roller on the front, according to a new report.... read more

Dead Rising 3 doing a GTA: San Andreas? - rumour

Postby msbhvn » 09 Dec 2011, 12:38

After the underwhelming DR2 and its photocopy Off The Record, I'm really not that excited about the same idea being trotted out for a fourth time. Innovate or die, Capcom!
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Dead Rising 3 doing a GTA: San Andreas? - rumour

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Dec 2011, 13:02

Come on this is Capcom, their idea of innovation is putting a new number at the end of a game instead of ever more convoluted subtitles <walks off to play Super Hyper Mega Street Fighter 2: Second Strike Alpha Edition>
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby msbhvn » 09 Dec 2011, 13:14

Keiji Inafune, the creator of Dead Rising, left Capcom last year. Granted, he wasn't heavily involved in DR2, with Blue Castle (now Capcom Vancouver) being in Canada, but it seems now he is gone, no one wants to move the series on. The same has happened with Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, with their respective producers leaving Capcom.

Now you bring up Street Fighter, Capcom have made the hilarious mistake of calling the forthcoming balance patch for SSFIV:AE, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Version 2012! :lol:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby sonicmark » 29 Dec 2011, 22:27

I think Capcom should be considering throwing their hands up at Dead Rising, DR1 was fantastic and a truly different pace of survival horror, but then DR2 only JUST managed to scrape through even though it didn't really offer anything drastically different, and then they decided "let's re-release it with Frank West, charge another 20 quid and pray nobody notices", I think after 3, Capcom should consider retiring the Dead Rising series completely and focus on a more well known gaming sequel like Resident Evil or Megaman.
sonicmark 28

Postby dazmc1888360 » 05 Jul 2012, 13:17

im a zombie killer :evil:
dazmc1888360 4