to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

20 Modern Warfare 3 DLC "content drops" announced, appearing

Your comments on our articles.

Piazza, Liberation maps detailed, competitions incoming, trailer hits

Activision has gone mega-large on its Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DLC strategy, promising at least 20 "content drops" throughout the year. Call of Duty: Elite members get everything first, needless to say, and Xbox Live retains timed platform exclusivity.... read more

20 Modern Warfare 3 DLC "content drops" announced, appearing

Postby bamozzy » 10 Jan 2012, 19:52

Looking good but a little disappointed we are only getting 2 maps and each is considered one of the 20. I would have hoped for about 20+ maps over the course of the 9 months. There is no way though that they will/can charge 1200 ms points for 2 maps so those that have to wait til march at least know that they won't need that many points. I expect they will sell them individually though so that you can buy which ones you want rather than as a pack where you get 1 or 2 that you don't want!

I am glad they are both available in spec ops too :D
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now the Destiny Beta has finished..... September 9th can't come quick enough!!!
bamozzy 66

Re: 20 Modern Warfare 3 DLC "content drops" announced, appea

Postby Bezza89 » 10 Jan 2012, 20:05

bamozzy wrote:There is no way though that they will/can charge 1200 ms points for 2 maps so those that have to wait til march at least know that they won't need that many points.

b - I expect they will sell them individually though so that you can buy which ones you want rather than as a pack where you get 1 or 2 that you don't want!

Oh really? I bet they're 800 or something stupid. lol I'm bitter, maybe 560. Yeah that sounds right.

b - That would be good practice for them, however I think they'll want you to buy them all, it's activision remember.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby AsJ » 10 Jan 2012, 20:12

No what I think it said they're gonna do is give us 2 maps January 24th, 1 map in February and another 2 in March when the content pack for the general masses will get the bundle of maps. I guarantee you they will charge 1200ms points and I doubt they will be sold individually. Disappointed there will be no weapon or camo DLC, but kinda knew this is what would happen. Oh well just 2 maps this month makes it easier for me to assess the maps for YouTube!
AsJ 5

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 10 Jan 2012, 20:23

this is not a suprise. neither will the ridiculous M$ price tag be, either
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 47

Postby Big bald brute » 10 Jan 2012, 20:25

For f@@k sake will someone please tell me when we are getting hardcore free for all!!!!!!! ????!???
Big bald brute 7

Postby bamozzy » 10 Jan 2012, 20:38

Big bald brute wrote:For f@@k sake will someone please tell me when we are getting hardcore free for all!!!!!!! ????!???

Like anyone (other than you) cares!!!!

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now the Destiny Beta has finished..... September 9th can't come quick enough!!!
bamozzy 66

Postby Big bald brute » 11 Jan 2012, 11:15

bamozzy wrote:
Big bald brute wrote:For f@@k sake will someone please tell me when we are getting hardcore free for all!!!!!!! ????!???

Like anyone (other than you) cares!!!!

Your clearly homosexual
Big bald brute 7

Postby bamozzy » 11 Jan 2012, 11:19

Big bald brute wrote:Your clearly homosexual

Really?? My wife, kids and I would dispute that fact if it was worth arguing with an uneducated and ignorant idiot.....

bamozzy 66

Postby OXM ETboy » 11 Jan 2012, 11:22

Your clearly homosexual

None of this, please. First and only warning.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby comabob » 11 Jan 2012, 11:29

bamozzy wrote:
Big bald brute wrote:Your clearly homosexual

Really?? My wife, kids and I would dispute that fact if it was worth arguing with an uneducated and ignorant idiot.....

Didnt they both have wive's and kids in Brokeback Mountain as well?

Just putting it out there :lol:
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby smjenkins77 » 11 Jan 2012, 11:56

You're not your, obviously. It's always the racists and homophobes that have trouble spelling. Funny, eh?

Twenty pieces of DLC doesn't surprise me. It is Activision, after all. Buy a forty quid COD game, then charge for COD DLC for the next nine months, then expect the consumer to fork out for another COD game straight away. Just in time for Christmas.
smjenkins77 14

Postby bamozzy » 11 Jan 2012, 14:51

comabob wrote:Didnt they both have wive's and kids in Brokeback Mountain as well?

Hahaha - I am sure they did but haven't watched it so can't comment...

comabob wrote:Just putting it out there :lol:

Is that in a 'Brokeback Mountain' kind of way.... :wink: :lol:

bamozzy 66

Postby bamozzy » 11 Jan 2012, 14:57

smjenkins77 wrote:You're not your, obviously. It's always the racists and homophobes that have trouble spelling. Funny, eh?

It seems that way but then they generally are ignorant and uneducated so doesn't surprise me

smjenkins77 wrote:Twenty pieces of DLC doesn't surprise me. It is Activision, after all. Buy a forty quid COD game, then charge for COD DLC for the next nine months, then expect the consumer to fork out for another COD game straight away. Just in time for Christmas.

From what I understand, those of us that have subscribed to Elite' will get 'drip fed' DLC approx 2 items a month (minimum of 20 over the next 9 months) but for non-subscribers they will get a 'bundle' every couple of months or so.

It is rumoured that we will get 2 maps in January, 1 in February and 2 in March, but for non subscribers they will get the opportunity to buy all 5 in one bundle in March.

bamozzy 66