to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Max Payne 3 trailer blows single player open

Your comments on our articles.

Trouble on the streets of Sao Paulo

Rockstar has released a new Max Payne 3 story trailer, gliding suggestively over the twisty-turny chain of events that begins with the kidnapping of a woman under the ex-cop's protection. Warning: may contain street gangs, paramilitary forces and elite police units.... read more

New Max Payne 3 trailer blows single player open

Postby Clanger67 » 16 Feb 2012, 18:43

I am also very optomistic about this.It's been ages since i played any max.And at least they haven't changed him too look like mark whalberg,lol.Given that he had a bit of feature changes between the first and second one.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: New Max Payne 3 trailer blows single player open

Postby Metalratex » 16 Feb 2012, 19:03

I hope Brazilians don't speak Spanish on this game.
Metalratex 23

Postby bamozzy » 16 Feb 2012, 22:46

quite looking forward to this...

Hope it turns out well - the trailer looks good but I have been more impressed by some of the other video releases
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby Bezza89 » 16 Feb 2012, 22:59

Metalratex wrote:I hope Brazilians don't speak Spanish on this game.

Is it portuguese normally? I can never remember. Are many games that get this wrong? I know it's not spanish anyway.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Decent_Jam » 18 Feb 2012, 10:49

Still looking forward to this, but haven't seen much advertising for it? Normally big games are difficult to miss on buses and suchlike, how long until release again?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Clanger67 » 18 Feb 2012, 11:30

Decent_Jam wrote:Still looking forward to this, but haven't seen much advertising for it? Normally big games are difficult to miss on buses and suchlike, how long until release again?

Eighteenth of may supposed to be.I agree there doesn't seem to have been loads and it has been a while since the second one.Although with three months left in another month or so we might be sick of hearing about it,lol.
Clanger67 60

Postby TigusVidiks » 18 Feb 2012, 12:25

So, is it true that Max Payne 3 got delayed to 2013? Just read it yesterday.
TigusVidiks 5

Postby KernowDevil23 » 18 Feb 2012, 13:16

TigusVidiks wrote:So, is it true that Max Payne 3 got delayed to 2013? Just read it yesterday.

No. Do you see the rather big advertisement at the top of the page?!......
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby comabob » 18 Feb 2012, 13:25

Cant wait for this - day one buy for me. I think this trailer should convince anyone who doubted it will be noir.
Anyone else started thinking that bald max reminds of them of Walter from Breaking Bad?
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby KernowDevil23 » 18 Feb 2012, 16:51

After watching that trailer, if the actual game is anywhere near as good, I'll be a happy bunny indeed!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Windowlicker79 » 20 Feb 2012, 01:45

KernowDevil23 wrote:
TigusVidiks wrote:So, is it true that Max Payne 3 got delayed to 2013? Just read it yesterday.

No. Do you see the rather big advertisement at the top of the page?!......

AdBlock. The wise see no adverts.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby SidTheSloth » 20 Feb 2012, 15:29

Please go away Max, showing off with your shiny awesome looking trailers that make me want to buy/play your game despite not having played any of the previous titles.... :cry:
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Clanger67 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:35

I know you can get 2 for xbox i bet it isn't compatible with betty though.Played it on pc and 1 been a while though.
Clanger67 60

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2012, 11:44

SidTheSloth wrote:Please go away Max, showing off with your shiny awesome looking trailers that make me want to buy/play your game despite not having played any of the previous titles.... :cry:

The first two are on the Market Place for (I think) 1200 points each, but frequently pop up in the Rockstar sales for 800 or less. Either is worth a tenner, although I personally prefer the first.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby comabob » 21 Feb 2012, 12:21

SidTheSloth wrote:Please go away Max, showing off with your shiny awesome looking trailers that make me want to buy/play your game despite not having played any of the previous titles.... :cry:

Max Payne is still one of the best 3rd person shooters of all time - the story is phenomenal, the gunplay is awesome and the atmosphere is thick with noir. It was the first game i played that required you to learn how to move with the left thumbstick and aim with the right thumbstick. There may well have been other games before it to do the same but that was the first i played.

Max Payne 2 however - pales in comparison. The gunplay is the same (although in that you could stay prine from a dive and shoot 360 degrees like ROckstar are hyping about Max Payne 3) but the story is no where near as good as 1.

I played 1 so many times on PS2 - i could probably draw the level layouts and enemy placements from memory if i tried.

I never gave 2 the same amount of attention - i bought it on GoD during one of ROckstars sales and it still holds up pretty well amazingly.

EIther is well worth the 1200 points to own - especially 1.

I just hope that they use the same theme music for 3.
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52