to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metal Gear Solid 5 outed? Big Boss needs you

Your comments on our articles.

Konami advertises for "next" MGS

This report comes to you from a small cardboard box in the deepest, darkest jungle. Not really, it comes from a Wifi cafe in Brighton, where I am covering the annual TestFest conference. Except apparently I'm here writing about Metal Gear Solid 5 instead. Go multi-tasking!... read more

Metal Gear Solid 5 outed? Big Boss needs you

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2012, 15:46

Yes of course he is doing it, I asked him to do it and make it available on xbox too, which it looks like he is because it says MGS to pc and high end consoles. Hopefully it's the project ogre thing he has been working on so we get our grubby mitts on more Snake!!! Sooner rather than later.

Also high end consoles... Xbox Gertrude? Am I right or what? Snake!!!!!!!!
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 outed? Big Boss needs you

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Feb 2012, 15:48

What's in like in brighton ED bloody cold like here,lol.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Feb 2012, 15:49

Bezza89 wrote:Yes of course he is doing it, I asked him to do it and make it available on xbox too, which it looks like he is because it says MGS to pc and high end consoles. Hopefully it's the project ogre thing he has been working on so we get our grubby mitts on more Snake!!! Sooner rather than later.

Also high end consoles... Xbox Gertrude? Am I right or what? Snake!!!!!!!!

There are people that can help you know, you don't have to suffer anymore, they're just a phone call away... Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem! :wink:
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Feb 2012, 15:51

He's got a cardboard box fetish,lol.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Feb 2012, 15:54

It's the bit where he wants to get his grubby mitts on Hideos snake that had me raising an eyebrow...! :wink:
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2012, 16:15

Well I'm obviously in denial or something, I have no problems with my wanting for more of Hideos Snake or my penchant for cardboard box dining. You can take this next sentence out of context all you want Sid. My favourite MGS so far is Snake Eater, and very much enjoyed Naked Snake, but give me Solid Snake any day.
Bezza89 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Feb 2012, 16:32

Hmph, well it's no fun if you willingly play along is it?

Back on topic,i know we moan about sequels a lot around these boards but i'd still welcome another MGS as Hideo is certainly not one to sit and rest on any laurels and they're always (somehow) a step up when you think he can't do any better!

Admittedly i also liked Zone of the enders too on PS2. Story was complete cobblers as i recall, but good nonetheless (wasn't the original sold with some preview of MGS2 or something like that? Sure that's why i bought it originally?!)!
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2012, 16:34

I think you got the tanker chapter with it... isn't it (ZOE) getting HD remakes?
Bezza89 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Feb 2012, 16:38

Bezza89 wrote:I think you got the tanker chapter with it... isn't it (ZOE) getting HD remakes?

Yeah that was it, no mention of Raiden at all either :D
I'd heard a rumour to that effect too - don't think i ever played the ZoE sequel though, dunno why, cash i suspect!
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2012, 16:41

Eugh Raiden... can't wait to see him all chopped up/robotised in mgs4. Spoilers I suppose. It's not really, though is it. I'm not moving the word then.
Bezza89 69

Postby msbhvn » 23 Feb 2012, 09:48

Bezza89 wrote:Eugh Raiden... can't wait to see him all chopped up/robotised in mgs4. Spoilers I suppose. It's not really, though is it. I'm not moving the word then.

Hopefully, they'll give him a personality when they rebuild him. And make him look like a man instead of a woman. :lol:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby schwepterbrowser » 23 Feb 2012, 15:47

SidTheSloth wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:I think you got the tanker chapter with it... isn't it (ZOE) getting HD remakes?

Yeah that was it, no mention of Raiden at all either :D
I'd heard a rumour to that effect too - don't think i ever played the ZoE sequel though, dunno why, cash i suspect!

Not a rumour; the ZoE HD Collection was confirmed a while back along with the MGS and Silent Hill HD Collections.

I've had it pre-ordered with Zavvi for a good while now - they have it for under £20.
schwepterbrowser 57

Postby bongmaster00 » 24 Feb 2012, 18:29

while i am a huge fan of MSG, MGS 1 and Snake Eater being my personal favourites!! I do hope it is better than MGS 3. I baught my PS3 for that game and have never been so dispaointed in a "AAA" game. The gameplay was pretty drab and the sheer volume of cutscene's meant it was a chore to complete. I donot have much time for gaming these day's and being forced to sit through 2hours of cutscenes to play for 20min's is not appealing to me at all. The only bit i really enjoyed was the visit back to the MGS1 level....which say's alot i think. Metal Gear Online was also poor, and the sign up procedure was majorly flawed. Really hope Hideo get's back to his best and gives the fan's what they want.....a good stealth game. Not an action espionage game with ridiculous toilet humour, gameplay which may aswell of been an FPS (it even had an FPS mode!!) and relentless hours of pointless cutscenes. People may not agree with me, but thats my opinion!
bongmaster00 37

Postby Ninja Squirrel » 29 Feb 2012, 14:50

Remake Metal Gear Solid from the PS1 and I shall be a happy bunny sod a new one
Ninja Squirrel 21