to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA on next-gen reveals: gamers are too "smart" for faked gam

Your comments on our articles.

It isn't the "right time" to show off new IPs

EA Labels president Frank Gibeau has revealed that the publisher deliberately withheld news of "three to five" potential next gen IPs at E3 this week. Gibeau feels the end of a console cycle isn't "the right time" to announce new IPs, and says it's better to show something "substantial" than hint at great experiences to come.... read more

EA on next-gen reveals: gamers are too "smart" for faked gam

Postby Bezza89 » 07 Jun 2012, 11:26

I can tell you right now there's between three and five new IPs that we're working on

So there's four?

And it sounds like they don't have anything for next gen, they're just considering porting them up to next gen?
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: EA on next-gen reveals: gamers are too "smart" for faked

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Jun 2012, 11:34

Bezza89 wrote:So there's four?

This is the best thing since things were invented :lol:
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bezza89 » 07 Jun 2012, 11:42

I've just read someone say the exact same thing on cvg, great minds think alike.

Respawns game is probably next-gen, wonder what they've got in store?
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Jun 2012, 11:50

Funny because Ubi apparently disagree with him about new IPs and all anyone is talking about now is Watch Dogs.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Plamsa wing » 07 Jun 2012, 12:30

Sounds like someone is a little jealous that everyone is talking about a brand new IP rather than some boring "new" DLC.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

LIES! or tomfoolery

Postby The Gee Man » 07 Jun 2012, 23:25

The demos for Crysis 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter were both run on the brand new Nvidia GTX 600 series GPUs.
The 'real-time' footage used to advertise BF3 and Crysis 2 last year was run on the equivalent of three GTX 580s.
Reminder, Crysis 2 performed terribly on consoles, at an average 26FPS with plenty of drops--29-30FPS being the standard for smooth gameplay.
Interesting FACT, console's GPUs aren't even 1/10th as powerful as Nvidia's new midrange card, the GTX 670. A TENTH. So what you're being advertised isn't what you're actually playing. That's like expecting BF3 to run as silky smooth as CoD but with better graphics, buying it only to find out that it runs at half it's pace. This gen is now running on six year old hardware, how did we not get a hint of an upgrade this E3?

The announcements at E3 were completely lackluster other than Halo 4 and Forza, Smart Glass looks gimmicky, and now that we know new consoles didn't come this year they have to come next, since even AC3 was dropping framerates like wildfire at both the Ubisoft and Sony Press Conference (that might just be the PS3 though).

Also, more fun:
Ubisoft's epic new titles, FarCry 3 and Watch Dogs were also running on Nvidia's latest line. The two PS3 exclusives that dropped jaws at E3 (Beyond and The Last of Us) had a ton of FPS drops. Compare FarCry 3's co-op trailer to FarCry 3's single player trailer, and tell me how much of a difference you see. We've hit our graphical barrier for not only good performance, but for equal graphics.
The Gee Man 1

Re: LIES! or tomfoolery

Postby Bezza89 » 08 Jun 2012, 11:48

The Gee Man wrote:The demos for Crysis 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter were both run on the brand new Nvidia GTX 600 series GPUs.
The 'real-time' footage used to advertise BF3 and Crysis 2 last year was run on the equivalent of three GTX 580s.
Reminder, Crysis 2 performed terribly on consoles, at an average 26FPS with plenty of drops--29-30FPS being the standard for smooth gameplay.

It's not faked gameplay though is it? It's just running on a pc. It was simple enough to understand it wont look as good on xbox, not sure why anyone thought otherwise as it was stated it was running on pc.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby STARGATER1 » 09 Jun 2012, 01:43

Bezza89 wrote:
The Gee Man wrote:The demos for Crysis 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter were both run on the brand new Nvidia GTX 600 series GPUs.

It's not faked gameplay though is it? It's just running on a pc. It was simple enough to understand it wont look as good on xbox, not sure why anyone thought otherwise as it was stated it was running on pc.

And of course the Xbox 720 won't come close to the GTX600s performance either consoles always seam to be slow in comparison to PC. for once I would like to see console hardware to raise the gaming bar.
After playing games my whole life, I'm still no richer, or smarter but my thumb muscles are da bomb
STARGATER1 14

Postby Bezza89 » 09 Jun 2012, 12:35

I think they did back in 05, but that's 7 years ago, a new console with even 2gb ram would probably match most computers today as there isn't loads of memory taken up by OSs etc - but to match a top end PC it would take more, and to futureproof that - it's anyones guess. I'd say 4gb, crytek want 8, think epic do too.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby SidTheSloth » 09 Jun 2012, 13:21

STARGATER1 wrote:And of course the Xbox 720 won't come close to the GTX600s performance either consoles always seam to be slow in comparison to PC. for once I would like to see console hardware to raise the gaming bar.

But why do you think that is? Consider the price - how much for a decent gaming pc? How much for an xbox?

They could build an xbox that would kick the shit out of most PC's around but how many would they sell with a retail price of £1k+?
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53