to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Sega kept us "in the dark" over Anarchy Reigns delay, says B

Your comments on our articles.

Punch-drunk brawler now releasing in 2013

Sega has "re-evaluated" the summer launch of PlatinumGames' online brawler Anarchy Reigns - the game will now release in North America and Europe next year. Surprised? So is PlatinumGames. Executive producer Atsushi Inaba has taken to Twitter to apologise for the delay, confessing that it's the first the developers have heard of it.... read more

Sega kept us "in the dark" over Anarchy Reigns delay, says B

Postby Plamsa wing » 19 Jun 2012, 11:12

I heard the Japanese version might be region free and it'll also have English voices and subtitles, so you could import it.

Really looking forward to this as well. What does Sega hope to gain from this? There seems to be alot of games coming out in Q1 next year, I would have thought it would be better to release when it's quite enough to do alot better in terms of sales.

Looks like all I'm getting until near the end of the year is Darksider 2 and Transformers: Grimlock fun now.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Re: Sega kept us "in the dark" over Anarchy Reigns delay, sa

Postby msbhvn » 20 Jun 2012, 04:27

This isn't surprising. Sega have barely said a word about Anarchy Reigns all year. Bayonetta and Vanquish were both great games, but commercial failures. Maybe Sega is hoping MGS Revengeance will bring Platinum to the eyes of the wider audience and Anarchy Reigns will sell better as a result.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66