Dishonored

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Dishonored

Postby Spiderless » 05 Jul 2012, 18:14

Just read Ed's article on the game http://www.oxm.co.uk/43527/features/dis ... y-and-die/ and I know there are quite a few people on here interested in it, so I figured I'd start a thread.

It looks to me like it'll be one of the best games this year and with Splinter Cell failing in every single way to involve stealth, Dishonored should pick up the torch rather nicely. And then there is the umpteen different ways to do just about everything, the amazing steampunk setting, and the awesome magic.

I'm excited, anyone else?
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Jul 2012, 18:30

Looks good, but I'm holding out for hitman. Will get this cheaper down the line, probably with AC3 too so I can have a assassinatey new year.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
User avatar
Bezza89 69
 
Posts: 8241
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Jul 2012, 18:52

Yeah stated a few times really looking forward to this.Gonna pre order at the end of the month.This and hopefully FC 3 will be my stealthy xmas. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby CunningSmile » 06 Jul 2012, 09:16

Been looking forward to this ever since the first design sketches were released. I love a bit of steampunk settings and would have happily bought it just for that, the fact its free choice play and the delay of Bioshock have just increased my desire.
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Grummy » 06 Jul 2012, 10:46

CunningSmile wrote:Been looking forward to this ever since the first design sketches were released. I love a bit of steampunk settings and would have happily bought it just for that, the fact its free choice play and the delay of Bioshock have just increased my desire.


That's the bit that really has me interested. I'm not overly enthused by the game yet, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of steampunk, but on the basis of how good Bioshock has been despite my not being especially enthused by that at first either, I'm more than willing to give this its fair shake, and with the free choice play being (seemingly) so strong, it's turning out to be one to watch despite my lack of enthusiasm. It's quite strange, I'm looking forward to trying a game I'm not excited for. My one fear is that they'll make it too action heavy, too much focus on just killing enemies and completing the story and things like that. Something Bioshock always does fantastically is the feeling that what you're really doing is exploring and the enemies are just circumstantial, they're in the way, something you need to deal with on your journey of exploration and discovery. It's something I've always loved in game, it was amazing in Deus Ex: Invisible War too, the whole environment around you felt alive, and you were really just following the story and exploring the world you're given, unlocking it's secrets and discovering something about it, the little stories between people, the history and the events. DX and Bioshock do this so so well, and I really hope and pray that Dishonored does it too. Of course there is going to be combat and action, but I really hope it won't be a driving force, rather it is just something that needs to be done, and it is the world that has been created that really drives the game.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9416
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby CunningSmile » 06 Jul 2012, 11:33

@Grummy

Having read Ed's preview I think we are safe in the scope of the world. The fact he spent what sounds like hours trying different methods of getting into a single building, only for the dev to point out half a dozen easier ways it could be done makes it sound as complex as any world I've played. I've also read an interview with one of the senior designers saying that a kill free (apart from mission dictated assassinations) play through is possible, so I don't think an over emphasis on combat is something to worry about even if like Deus Ex that will require many restarts and a lot of patience.
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Spiderless » 08 Jul 2012, 11:31

Hitman's latest trailer kind of killed my interest in that, and Dishonored is a new game world which I find a more exciting prospect, always nice to visit somewhere new (real or virtual).

The Dishonored website has some videos about revenge: http://www.dishonored.com/#/media but I can't watch them because I uninstalled Flash (it was freezing everything). Thought they'd be worth a look.

Also the trademark on this made me laugh "Revenge Solves Everything" its a bit worrying if taken out of context!
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Grummy » 09 Jul 2012, 08:21

Spiderless wrote:Hitman's latest trailer kind of killed my interest in that, and Dishonored is a new game world which I find a more exciting prospect, always nice to visit somewhere new (real or virtual).

The Dishonored website has some videos about revenge: http://www.dishonored.com/#/media but I can't watch them because I uninstalled Flash (it was freezing everything). Thought they'd be worth a look.

Also the trademark on this made me laugh "Revenge Solves Everything" its a bit worrying if taken out of context!


I'd love to know how exactly it would solve Global financial meltdown.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9416
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jul 2012, 12:27

Grummy wrote:
Spiderless wrote:Hitman's latest trailer kind of killed my interest in that, and Dishonored is a new game world which I find a more exciting prospect, always nice to visit somewhere new (real or virtual).

The Dishonored website has some videos about revenge: http://www.dishonored.com/#/media but I can't watch them because I uninstalled Flash (it was freezing everything). Thought they'd be worth a look.

Also the trademark on this made me laugh "Revenge Solves Everything" its a bit worrying if taken out of context!


I'd love to know how exactly it would solve Global financial meltdown.


You blame it all on "Financial Terrorism/warfare" by a wealthy oil rich country and invade them. Simple.
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
User avatar
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 11808
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Spiderless » 12 Jul 2012, 20:22

CunningSmile wrote:You blame it all on "Financial Terrorism/warfare" by a wealthy oil rich country and invade them. Simple.


Like I said, worrying :lol:
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Plamsa wing » 27 Jul 2012, 12:46

Clanger mentioned this, but a full list of pre-order crap.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... ailed.html

I really want this to stop already, why can't we get the "full" intended game on day one anymore?
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
User avatar
Plamsa wing 57
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: 19 Oct 2011, 13:59

Re: Dishonored

Postby Clanger67 » 27 Jul 2012, 13:09

Yeah sorry i forgot there was a thread in here.Same here on the pre order dlc,bullshit.Sid says as much in the Transformers thread as i think the same thing is happening with that.What gets my goat is the pre order i would want for the stealth is only with Tesco so far.Yet all the supposed games retailers are the crap ones and Game yet again get the SE. :roll:
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Spiderless » 27 Jul 2012, 17:54

It seems to be a fashionable thing these days for publishers to piss all over a developer's hard work. I dislike pre-order incentives (besides money off) anyway, but this ruddy ridiculous.

Perhaps though, (this is wishful thinking) all those in-game perks are unlockable throughout the game? I'd be fine with that, I can't stand getting late-game stuff early on because of pre-orders.
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Clanger67 » 27 Jul 2012, 18:30

Spiderless wrote:It seems to be a fashionable thing these days for publishers to piss all over a developer's hard work. I dislike pre-order incentives (besides money off) anyway, but this ruddy ridiculous.

Perhaps though, (this is wishful thinking) all those in-game perks are unlockable throughout the game? I'd be fine with that, I can't stand getting late-game stuff early on because of pre-orders.



Yeah agree,i wouldn't want to get it if it means it's cheating.Hopefully like you say it is all something that you can get as you progress in the game.One of the two i would pre order with is Amazon,but they are offering dlc that i wouldn't even be bothered with anyway,as it is the all action skill tree.Might just stick with who i usually get games from Zavvi,as they aren't offering anything,and they are all the same price.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dishonored

Postby Clanger67 » 02 Oct 2012, 11:33

Really stoked for this,in just over a week.According to another interview on cvg,lol.it will take longer than twenty two hours.While not trying to find out too much about it one of the devs. reckons in the stealth playthrough,him knowing the game inside out and not even exploring everywhere took him twenty two hours.Great stuff and didn't really expect much less to be fair,roll on the twelfth. :D


http://www.computerandvideogames.com/37 ... -22-hours/
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]