Upcoming Star Wars Games

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Upcoming Star Wars Games

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Aug 2012, 13:37

I know a lot of people are awaiting ANY news of a Battlefront 3 so thought you may find this interesting

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... eneral-RSS

Not an out and out BF3 announcement but with a title like First Assault I don't think this will be a Jedi RPG.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Re: Upcoming Star Wars Games

Postby Bezza89 » 29 Aug 2012, 13:43

I'm hoping so because 1313 is looking more and more like Uncharted, which isn't my genre. Sounds battlefronty. Please!
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Plamsa wing » 29 Aug 2012, 13:55

I hoping for another Republic Commando as well. Whatever the case, it likely will have something to do with Star Wars.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 29 Aug 2012, 20:03

Another KOTOR, Battlefront or Republic Commando would be brilliant.

Then again I wouldn't bet against it being a new franchise. LucasArts certainly go against the trend of milking the cow dry. We all want another Battlefront or KOTOR yet they seem intent on starting over every time. I quite admire them for it really, when you compare them to Activision and co...

But I still need another Battlefront.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby DaedricMince » 29 Aug 2012, 20:56

I can imagine battlefront 3 being next gen...
DaedricMince 15

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Oct 2012, 14:11

Well First Assault has a "box art" ands surprisingly it's an XBLA game.

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-fir ... rt-leaked/

Looks pretty Battlefrontish to me, so watch this space.
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Branhelm » 02 Oct 2012, 21:23

Wadium_Arcadium wrote:Another KOTOR, Battlefront or Republic Commando would be brilliant.

Then again I wouldn't bet against it being a new franchise. LucasArts certainly go against the trend of milking the cow dry. We all want another Battlefront or KOTOR yet they seem intent on starting over every time. I quite admire them for it really, when you compare them to Activision and co...

But I still need another Battlefront.

I agree. Its too bad that one of LucasArts main problems is they don't listen to there fans enough. I have seen 3 petitions for a new KOTOR, 5 for a Battlefront 3 and i know personally about 15 people who have tried to get in touch, just to say, basically, this is what your fans want, make it happen, please.
Branhelm 24

Postby Bezza89 » 02 Oct 2012, 22:45

Yeah it looks the tits, just a BF esq SW game will suffice. Doesn't have to be mega, a HD rerelease of the old BF games would even be passable.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Kettch » 08 Oct 2012, 21:41

Only if they adapted the handheld one. I have BF 2 running nicely, with my permanently upgraded rifle.Roll on shooty goodness
Ladies and gentlemen,take my advice: Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Kettch 25

Postby Grummy » 04 Apr 2013, 05:17

TippiestRook99 wrote:R.I.P good Star Wars games.
Hello shit ones. :cry:

Based on what exactly? They're going to allow 3rd parties to make their games. Does that mean you think that every other developer out there is shit?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Apr 2013, 09:15

Pigxactly, get bioware back on a proper kotor game, Dice on battlefront maybe, Epic on Gamorreans Of War. Lucasarts have been going downhill for awhile now.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Apr 2013, 11:25

Off the top of my head in the last ten years LucasArts have produced shit, whilst anything farmed out has been good.

Ergo the closure of LucasArts is the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars games.
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Apr 2013, 12:08

I agree that 1313 looked good, but all we've really seen so far has been screen shots, and even those have been full of "the lead character will change" declarations so I don't think those count.

I did enjoy Force Unleashed, but my lingering memory is that it wasn't as good as it should have been, and I gave up half way through FU2 as it seemed to have gotten worse rather than better.

And I'd give up on Battlefront if I was you. The last one was 7 years and a generation ago.

Biggest thing LucasArts have always been guilty of is the new CEO always cancels everything his predecessor commissioned regardless of how finished it was or how anticipated by fans, look at the half finished KoToR 2 or the axed BF3. At least with them gone anything farmed out in the future might actually get finished now.
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Apr 2013, 12:20

The force unleashed I thought wasn't a great game, controls were weak, jumping was loose and parts of it were a chore. The story I thought was spot on though and saved the game from being rubbish. But yes this really has little bearing on what good star wars games come out.

And when I think of disney games the only thing that comes to mind was split second. Enjoyed the demo but never got round to playing the full game.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Grummy » 04 Apr 2013, 15:35

And when I think of a Disney game I think of Aladdin, Hercules, Castle/World of Illusion. Disney have, infact, been a part of some excellent games over the years, but this is irrelevant as Disney won't be making them, studios dedicated to actually making games will be.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Next