to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Crytek's Redemption revealed: the smartest, prettiest shoote

Your comments on our articles.

Images of cancelled project evoke Heavy Rain and Half-Life

Pre-production shots from a mysterious cancelled Crytek shooter, Redemption, have appeared on that there internet, care of art director Eric Cochonneau and his swanky artist's blog.... read more

Crytek's Redemption revealed: the smartest, prettiest shoote

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Aug 2012, 14:35

Looks nice, but knowing Crytek's past form it would have been 18 months of them saying how much better they are than any other developer in existance followed by sudden delays for no reason and finally a game that is very pretty but has all the depth of a puddle.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Crytek's Redemption revealed: the smartest, prettiest sh

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Aug 2012, 14:54

My god, the Pessimism Counter just exploded. "Deep as a puddle"? Look into that little girl's eyes, Cunning. Say those words to her trusting, cancelled face.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby schwepterbrowser » 29 Aug 2012, 15:02

CunningSmile wrote:Looks nice, but knowing Crytek's past form it would have been 18 months of them saying how much better they are than any other developer in existance followed by sudden delays for no reason and finally a game that is very pretty but has all the depth of a puddle.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby FishyGinger » 29 Aug 2012, 15:25

What's wrong with cryteks past form, thought far cry and both crysis games were great, I enjoyed pretending I was a predator and using Arnies one liners that make little sense in context.

The whole jeremy clarkson engine thing was a bit annoying though, our engine is so powerful it could render everything ever in 4D, it's the most powerful engine in the wuuuurld
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Aug 2012, 15:31

OXM ETboy wrote:My god, the Pessimism Counter just exploded. "Deep as a puddle"? Look into that little girl's eyes, Cunning. Say those words to her trusting, cancelled face.

<looks squarely into trusting cancelled face> Your parents are unjustly arrogant and I've struggled to enjoy any of their games as a result of weak plotting and lackluster characterisation.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Aug 2012, 17:28

Now you've made her cry. In fact, she's called the police. You'll pay for this. In beatdowns.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 30 Aug 2012, 18:10

Always love to see the concept drawings and paintings of games, as an aspiring character artist I buy the art of various game books all the time (Mass effect, Halo, Darksiders) Think games companies should release a yearly book showcasing the art of projects like this one that didn't quite make it. Will make them some money on the project at least
Johnbhoy69 51