to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live Arcade's Terraria is a Minecraft killer that looks

Your comments on our articles.

Block-busting, side-scrolling adventure debuts early 2013

Are you bored of clipping blocks together to make amazing things like medieval markets and giant inverted pyramids yet? Yes? Then you can get the hell off Xbox Live Arcade, young man. 505 Games has announced that 2D exploration/excavation hit Terraria will join Minecraft Xbox 360, Fortresscraft and the rest in early 2013.... read more

Xbox Live Arcade's Terraria is a Minecraft killer that looks

Postby Grummy » 11 Sep 2012, 15:28

Wow, I never expected this to turn up on Live. Great news actually. Seriously looking forward to this.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Re: Xbox Live Arcade's Terraria is a Minecraft killer that l

Postby Dante x Yamato » 11 Sep 2012, 16:35

This will be great and ll but a "Minecraft Killer"? I dont think so, Minecraft is one of the biggest games in the world, barely anything beats it for sales with the acception of games like COD. The only thing that could kill minecraft is 4J, if they mess up the game, there wont ever be a better game like minecraft cos everything that is like minecraft just feels like a cheap clone and nothing else
Dante x Yamato 14

Re: Xbox Live Arcade's Terraria is a Minecraft killer that l

Postby Hang Jar Jar » 12 Sep 2012, 21:30

This is not a Minecraft killer.Look at the original Killzone it was advertised as a Halo killer,was way overhyped,and had mediocre review scores,didn't do that good at all.This game looks intresting,but don't advertise it as a Minecraft killer,it does look like fun though,but I might still be playing Borderlands 2 that I won't have time for this one. :)
Hang Jar Jar 9