to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition announced - out late 2013, runs on

Your comments on our articles.

New game will offer bigger world, more meaningful choices

EA has formally unveiled the next chapter in the Dragon Age saga - Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal since 2010.... read more

Postby CHIEFRAPTOR » 17 Sep 2012, 16:56

Hopefully will be on the new console, then I'll (hopefully) have a big shiny RPG to glide through on my big shiny new xbox
- Were It So Easy
Image[/url]
CHIEFRAPTOR 25

Postby Clanger67 » 17 Sep 2012, 16:57

Great,can't wait if it promises all they are saying.Lost a bit of faith with Bioware to be fair.Please just make it a nice mixture of the best of the first two and it will be bang on.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition announced - out late 2013, run

Postby Plamsa wing » 17 Sep 2012, 17:12

Just seen this over on X360A, so I'll copy and paste what I put on there.

I can only hope they've listened to the criticism of the previous game this time.

While the controls were a bit shit on consoles, lets brings back some of the gameplay from Origins. Rather than Dragon Age 2's press "A" for awesome, do anything button.

Bring back choices that actually matter for gods sake too. While I'm at, lets us customise our parties armour again. Also add some actual varied environments, don't just move things around and block some paths off and call them "new".

Not exactly the point of the topic I know, but I don't really want to see this series or Bioware go further down the drain.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Bezza89 » 17 Sep 2012, 17:20

They mention RPG a lot, always reassuring lol. Not sure why frostbite 2 will allow for more choices, surely that's just down to whoever makes the game not the engine. As long as the characters and story are great it should be brilliant, and hopefully next-gen or I'm out! Frostbite 2 just isn't for current consoles, frankly it runs worse than frostbite 1.5 did, not to say that it's bad - only that it just isn't good, and would be a step back from DA2s OK graphics.

Bring back the warden too, and tie off some storylines, definitely link the games together too. Reused environments wont return at the fear of backlash of colossal proportions, and the waves of enemies was bad. Otherwise, can't fault the second game, except story wise and scope wise which are destined to be improved..
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Plamsa wing » 17 Sep 2012, 17:26

Apart from the how the ending was mostly the same no matter which side you took. Sort of like another recent game...

That pissed me right off.

"It's alright mages, I'll save you."
"No you won't, instead I'll kill all the mages and turn myself into a demon. Try saving me now!"
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Kettch » 17 Sep 2012, 17:44

Id prefer it on the 360 to the next gen. Ill likely not be able to afford the next xbox for a while after, and would miss the game. I didnt hate 2 like most people did though. I just disliked the lazy area design, really. 3 year development time is encouraging though
Ladies and gentlemen,take my advice: Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Kettch 24

Postby msbhvn » 17 Sep 2012, 18:10

DA2 just felt like a generic RPG that wasn't worthy of BioWare. Half-arsed story and level design, worthless characters (except for Varric) and choices that made no difference to the endgame. It wouldn't have been half as disappointing if EA and BioWare hadn't hyped the s*** out of it for the best part of a year. I enjoyed it a lot more playing it a second time, after two DLCs and several patches.

DA3 needs to have a better story and more variation in the player character (Hawke being human-only was a bad choice in DA2). Varric, Morrigan (and/or Morrigan's child) and Alistair need to return. Hawke could be an NPC or party member based on your DA2 save file. The Warden's story after Awakening could be a collectible set of lore entries.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 17 Sep 2012, 18:31

msbhvn wrote:DA2 just felt like a generic RPG that wasn't worthy of BioWare. Half-arsed story and level design, worthless characters (except for Varric) and choices that made no difference to the endgame.

Yeah but... everything else was good lol.

I think the game gets way too much stick, yeah it's not brilliant, and it does have some design problems but it's still a good game that was a lot better than a lot of other games that came out around that time.

Personally, I want the warden back as some mythical being, god like perhaps - he killed the archdemon for petes sake (he could also be dead, or a she), with morrigan at his side, or her back in any form at all. With that voice. Lore entries; Boo! :wink:
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 17 Sep 2012, 18:41

Bezza89 wrote:Lore entries; Boo! :wink:

Okay, maybe not lore entries, maybe a side quest or quest-line tied in with Morrigan's child and the Eluvians. Although as a mute, there's not much that can be done with the Warden. :lol:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 17 Sep 2012, 18:54

With frostbite 2 he could just give a glance, or she, not on current gen of course as BF3 has proven. What about flemeth too? Did anyone ever not kill flemeth? Does she still need reviving in 2? Who knows. Anyway, she should return in some form, along with the child-god and his dad and mother.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 17 Sep 2012, 18:57

Flemeth can come back, only she has to dress her age rather than the granny dominatrix look she had in DA2. :lol:
msbhvn 66

Postby hujiki » 18 Sep 2012, 01:14

This will be awesome, the last I loved. Can't wait.
hujiki 28

Postby SidTheSloth » 18 Sep 2012, 08:14

I'm going to go against the typically cynical, half-empty glass approach of most gamers these days and declare myself optimistic that they'll get this right and as a result it's something i am very much looking forward to. Even if 2 wasn't the game we all hoped it would be, my disappointment stemmed more from my stratosphere high expectations (and desire to see resolutions from the first game) than anything. T'wasn't perfect - i think bezza sums up its flaws nicely (and shows a nice change of heart from me from my first days of playing) - but it did get a lot right and the 'world of darkspawn' is one of my favourite with Flemeth and Morrigan being two of my favourite gaming characters - so to sum it all up you could say i'm looking forward to this! :D
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Sep 2012, 09:39

Fingers crossed because they are making all the right noises.

BTW has anyone noticed you never seem to hear from Dr Ray at Bioware anymore? I used to enjoy his interviews and he seemed to have a real passion for what Bioware did. I know as a company gets bigger it's hard for the founders to stay as hands on as they'd like but I do wonder if that's what Bioware have been lacking the last few games.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Sep 2012, 10:16

I've yet to play DA2, enjoyed the first one although the dwarfey underground bits dragged on and on and with the amount of people annoyed about the re-use of many areas again I'm losing the will to play it. Still, maybe in the dark winter months I might be tempted if I play everything else.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Next