to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dishonored: Tales from Dunwall video series teaches the dang

Your comments on our articles.

How Arkane's steampunk city became a city of terror

You're hopefully well up to speed on the choices you'll make in Arkane's Dishonored - whether to stop time and queue up a fusillade or teleport-jump into a stealth kill, whether to travel via the rooftops or through the sewer. But what of the world these choices take place within? What of Dunwall's past and present?... read more

Dishonored: Tales from Dunwall video series teaches the dang

Postby thewrongtrousers » 26 Sep 2012, 12:42

Well I've pre-ordered it, it was this or AC3. AC3 will no doubt be damn good but I have only just started the last one so will wait until after xmas, after all there are only so many towers I can climb and people I can assasinate. I'm still in two minds whether it is the correct decision though!!!
thewrongtrousers 28

Re: Dishonored: Tales from Dunwall video series teaches the

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Sep 2012, 13:23

I've preordered this months ago because it looked awesome the first time I saw it. Most of the games I was looking forward to have been delayed until next year and this filled the Bioshock void nicely.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Sep 2012, 13:34

From what I've seen it looks good but I'll be waiting. Avoiding any news on it now as it's a certain buy but went the other way and pre-order ac3.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Clanger67 » 26 Sep 2012, 13:40

I went for this rather than AC 3.That has me a bit worried the story will just be Patriotic bullshit.Also lost a bit of faith after Revs.Plus i like steampunk and especially stealth,despite the fact it seems a bit Bioshocky what i know seems to be quite a good story and they have had real passion making it.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby thewrongtrousers » 26 Sep 2012, 19:55

I'm also a big steampunk fan and don't mind stealth games, but don't really play enough of them as I do prefer the jump in a blow the s**t out of everything approach (when it works) rather than the carefully thought out one. Having said that I did really enjoy Hitman 2. It's a shame this won't have MP as the teamwork needed for co-op assasinations would make for a great game.
thewrongtrousers 28

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Sep 2012, 09:23

thewrongtrousers wrote:I'm also a big steampunk fan and don't mind stealth games, but don't really play enough of them as I do prefer the jump in a blow the s**t out of everything approach (when it works) rather than the carefully thought out one. Having said that I did really enjoy Hitman 2. It's a shame this won't have MP as the teamwork needed for co-op assasinations would make for a great game.

From everything I've seen of this game the stealth is only for stealth fans, if you want to run in guns blazing more power to you. The ability to freeze time and shoot multiple people before restarting time looks particularly cool, as does one trailer I saw where the player froze time and moved the shooter round in front of his own bullet before restarting.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby thewrongtrousers » 27 Sep 2012, 18:10

CunningSmile wrote:[From everything I've seen of this game the stealth is only for stealth fans, if you want to run in guns blazing more power to you. The ability to freeze time and shoot multiple people before restarting time looks particularly cool, as does one trailer I saw where the player froze time and moved the shooter round in front of his own bullet before restarting.

Yes I read that somewhere too, I'm certainly hoping the option will be there. Hopefully the replay value will be such that after blazing (and more than likely dying continuously at the same time) my way through it the first time I will be more reserved the second time and look for more subtle options.
thewrongtrousers 28