to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer hands-on: Pick 10, e-s

Your comments on our articles.

How e-sports, Pick 10 and tweaked scoring change the pace

Since permanently changing competitive online multiplayer with 2007's Modern Warfare, the Call of Duty games have largely settled into refining their established ideas, making small but significant improvements with each new instalment. So while Treyarch may not be revolutionising CoD's online modes with Black Ops II, it is looking to evolve them in substantial ways.... read more

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer hands-on: Pick 10, e-s

Postby delpoi » 04 Oct 2012, 12:17

My head just exploded I can't wait for it now!!!!
delpoi 37

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer hands-on: Pick 10,

Postby Power-Girl-Fan » 04 Oct 2012, 14:26

If I'm honest, it still doesn't make me scream like a schoolgirl. I'm looking more forward to Gears Judgement and Watchdogs.
Power-Girl-Fan 8

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Oct 2012, 14:31

Well, that's the schoolgirl demographic out of the running. Sorry, Treyarch.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby GHOSTY05 » 04 Oct 2012, 14:46

I am happy with battlefield 3 for now.

Will also have hitman to play soon and possibly forza horizon.
GHOSTY05 39

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Oct 2012, 15:00

If King Kong ripped through my office wall, grabbed me and took me to the roof I'd probably scream like a school girl. Ergo this game is not a giant ape.

What point that makes I'm not sure but I'm with the non-screaming school-girl, think I can wait for this, maybe end of next year perhaps. I do like the odd zombie romp but it's nowhere near early buy for me.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Oct 2012, 15:02

Boom - there go the ape-lovers too. At this rate, nobody's going to buy the thing. Tough times ahead, Activision.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Oct 2012, 15:07

I would buy it, but having recently played the excellent Spec Ops The Line I'm now doubting the moral validity of war and it's representation in video games :wink:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 04 Oct 2012, 15:31

Power-Girl-Fan wrote:If I'm honest, it still doesn't make me scream like a schoolgirl.

Alternative box-art quote?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby RyanGowran » 04 Oct 2012, 16:37

their just building us up to let us down look whats happened since MW2 each game has been Shyt

but it does come with zombies so il be buying :P
RyanGowran 23

Postby lazercut123 » 04 Oct 2012, 18:23

I think about 90% of the people buying this game are just getting this for the zombies, me included. But I believe that one of the reasons people don't find this appealing is that it is called "black ops" 2, and considering the "fact" that the first "game" was "dreadful", "people" think this will also be "dreadful".

YAY "inverted" commas "."
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby SidTheSloth » 05 Oct 2012, 00:32

Haven't bought a CoD since the first MW, hasn't really interested me but im intrigued how this one pans out, looks like the most interesting one for years. Couldn't give a flying (ginger) fish about the zombies, and im not even a shooter fan really but they've had criticism for not changing the series and they've responded so credit where it's due. Scepticism abounds as they surely can't change it that much and risk upsetting the core fans, but the stuff i'm hearing is sufficient i'm keeping an eye out. Got a lot of mates who are big fans so i hope it's good for their sake at least as i know most of them were disappointed with MW3.
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Oct 2012, 09:24

How dare you take my name in vain, get down on your knees and give me 10 hail marys ya daft eejit
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Zombie Trooper » 08 Oct 2012, 17:35

I don't know about getting this. MW3, while not my most favourite game, is still a game that offers, essentially, big dumb fun. Put me in a game with a riot shield or a tactical knife then I have a whale of a time ( I wonder if it will be my friend), and overall, I think that the only big issue I have with it is that the maps can turn into a campfest, but Treyarch say that they have sorted this out. While I do prefer BF3, that too has the potential for big dumb of a different variety (how much C4 can I humanely put on the front of my quad bike? Then drive it into the nearest tank!).

Only problem this autumn, too many good games, not enough time (or money) to play them all :( , but I suppose that BlOps II is somewhere on my list of games, after Halo 4, Dishonored and Borderlands 2
Zombie Trooper 26

Postby Spiritus32 » 30 Oct 2012, 21:12

Is it me , or am i the only one that buys this for the epic 2025 Multiplayer ?
Spiritus32 1