to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft squashes Microsoft Point phase-out rumours, 59% of

Your comments on our articles.

But Windows 8 will default to local currency

Xbox Live purchases on Xbox 360 will continue to made using Microsoft Points, a Microsoft spokesperson has announced, putting a halt to speculation that the currency is being phased out in favour of real money.... read more

Microsoft squashes Microsoft Point phase-out rumours, 59% of

Postby fracturedrich » 10 Oct 2012, 10:09

i do not want to give credit card details out on xbox thats why i travel to the shop to get points
fracturedrich 46

Re: Microsoft squashes Microsoft Point phase-out rumours, 59

Postby OXM ETboy » 10 Oct 2012, 10:12

Fair enough, but there's nothing to stop Microsoft selling Xbox Marketplace cards that use real money.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Oct 2012, 10:15

That's true, and I don't know why anyone argued with having to have a bank card attached to xbox live. But there won't be any price differences. Sellers aren't going to sell a 10 quid card for 8 quid are they. With points you can get decent bargains occasionally. Microsoft themelves had a 4200 point card for 25 quid
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby bamozzy » 10 Oct 2012, 10:24

Personally I am glad about this! I do think though that they should offer a 'real' currency option for those who aren't so careful with their bank/credit card details!

Personally I think the Point system also allows for better deals as I often find it cheaper to buy points than it would be in real currency - which in turn makes our buying items even better. I wouldn't pay £35-£40 for premium (BF3) but I bought 4200 points for £25 to get it and still had 200 points left!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby glavias » 10 Oct 2012, 15:02

Talking of Microsoft points, it was my birthday the other day and they sent me a present... 20 Microsoft points I think that is about 17p... hmm what do I spend it on :wink:
glavias 37

Postby GHOSTY05 » 10 Oct 2012, 15:11

I agree its a good idea to carry on using the cards, but instead use real currency instead of points (like the PS3).

This way you can really see what you are spending, also with the added security of not having a credit card on their system.

I don't like MS points and i never have, as they are designed to make you spend more as it does not feel like real money.
GHOSTY05 39