to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner

Your comments on our articles.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls

Once you've finished the fourth chunk of this excellent story, you're only one episode away from the end. We've got high expectations for part 5's finale, but in many respects Episode 4 feels like the series' weakest link. New characters fail to shine as brightly as those we've seen in the past, and some of the aesthetics feel a little bit slapdash.... read more

The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 11 Oct 2012, 10:23

Downloaded and played through this last night. Awesome as ever. Only thing is, the achivements have not been added to my dashboard, which is both dissapointing and annoying. Anyone else had this problem?
HEY EVERYONE, COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK.
Bongzilla1878 28

Re: The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner

Postby Vegetunks9000 » 11 Oct 2012, 10:46

This was a really good build up to the Grande Finale. Starting to feel this is better than the actual series
Yes yes, over 9000, i know, i know
Vegetunks9000 33

Postby ManCrisp » 11 Oct 2012, 10:52

Have to disagree with the review. I believe this was the best episode since the first. The slow build and the shock revelations were well thought through. I'm not understanding all these mediocre reviews as i believe this was possibly the most well paced game in the series so far. Can't wait for the final next month.
ManCrisp 20

Postby thelivepenguin » 11 Oct 2012, 11:44

Bongzilla1878 wrote:Downloaded and played through this last night. Awesome as ever. Only thing is, the achivements have not been added to my dashboard, which is both dissapointing and annoying. Anyone else had this problem?

Same has happened to me and a friend, this happened in episode 2 as well!
thelivepenguin 14

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 11 Oct 2012, 11:49

thelivepenguin wrote:
Bongzilla1878 wrote:Downloaded and played through this last night. Awesome as ever. Only thing is, the achivements have not been added to my dashboard, which is both dissapointing and annoying. Anyone else had this problem?

Same has happened to me and a friend, this happened in episode 2 as well!

Thanks for the reply mate. Did you manage to get it fixed from episode 2?
Bongzilla1878 28

Postby schwepterbrowser » 11 Oct 2012, 12:27

The achievements haven't been added to Xbox.com yet, so they won't unlock properly for anyone. I'm waiting for the list to be updated before I play it.

You'll need to recover your profile and play through the episode again when the achievements are up to unlock them properly. I'll post when they've gone live to let you know.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 11 Oct 2012, 16:56

schwepterbrowser wrote:The achievements haven't been added to Xbox.com yet, so they won't unlock properly for anyone. I'm waiting for the list to be updated before I play it.

You'll need to recover your profile and play through the episode again when the achievements are up to unlock them properly. I'll post when they've gone live to let you know.

Thanks very much mate!!
Bongzilla1878 28

Postby fatboyslim1977 » 11 Oct 2012, 23:11

Just completed this episode which was really good and at times jumpy.

Can't wait for the final episode.
fatboyslim1977 19

Postby schwepterbrowser » 12 Oct 2012, 11:08

Bongzilla1878 wrote:Thanks very much mate!!

No problem, the achievements are good to go now.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Confused Johnny » 13 Oct 2012, 18:26

Nice review!!

I have to admit being blown away by Walking Dead! I bought Ep 1 coz i had some MSP burning a hole in my virtual pocket, and since playing it i wait anxiously for each episode!

My partner even plays it, and nags for when the next episode is out - we currently have agreement where we each play it when the other is out of the house, so as not to spoil the story and to compare decisions afterwards! :D

Cannot wait for Ep5, i can probably say that along with From Dust, this is the best Arcade game of 2012 i have purchased!!
Confused Johnny 18

Postby schwepterbrowser » 13 Oct 2012, 18:50

I agree with your praise for The Walking Dead, but From Dust? I thought the trial was terrible! Granted, I haven't played the full game and it might get better (though I doubt it from some scathing reviews I've read). You should grab the trial for Awesomenauts and some other recent Arcade offerings, there's some better stuff (IMO ofc :wink:).
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 15 Oct 2012, 13:45

schwepterbrowser wrote:
Bongzilla1878 wrote:Thanks very much mate!!

No problem, the achievements are good to go now.

Thanks again mate. I owe you a beer!
Bongzilla1878 28

Postby schwepterbrowser » 17 Oct 2012, 00:21

ManCrisp wrote:Have to disagree with the review. I believe this was the best episode since the first. The slow build and the shock revelations were well thought through. I'm not understanding all these mediocre reviews as i believe this was possibly the most well paced game in the series so far. Can't wait for the final next month.

Agreed. Just got round to playing this and it's my favourite of the series; episode 3 is easily the weakest link in my book, I was actually hoping for it to end during the boring train section (which made up the majority of the episode!). I actually made a couple of choices that differed from the majority for the first time too.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby schwepterbrowser » 17 Oct 2012, 14:57

Reflecting on this it's still my favourite, but some of the conveniences were pretty unbelievable. On the return journey to the alley a TV miraculously falls out of nowhere to kill a zombie, then when you find the zombie you're looking for in the alley he has the two exact items you need. It then transitions straight back to Lee being inside; the previous time you were in the alley you have to use the conveniently found jack to lift the shutter and then climb through a skylight and jump across the rooftops with help to get back; this time the shutter is again closed, but Lee doesn't have help or the jack, so how did he possibly get out?
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Pompey78 » 17 Oct 2012, 21:01

I love the walking dead episode series !!!

I only brought episode 1 last week having 400mp spare that I hadn't spent in a while.... I've just completed episode 3 and have just started downloading episode 4.

I'm keen to replay the series later using different choices to those i've made so far to see what you can really influence

Now the next bit may make me sound a bit soft but I was playing Ep3 last night and found myself getting upset when poor Duck was dying and that his mum topped herself because she couldn't live without him.

Now i'm a father of two young boys and have become more emotional due to this fact but I did find myself for the first time in a long time with a computer game getting emotionaly attached and shocked when duck's mum killed herself and their (parents) decision to end his life before he turned.

Keep this quality narrative and emotional engagement going guys, nice one :)
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 29

Next