to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox 360 dashboard update: Microsoft's 10 key improvements

Your comments on our articles.

More secure, more game-oriented and more flexible

Microsoft's latest Xbox 360 dashboard update is on its way to select Xbox 360 consoles now, as part of a staggered distribution over the next two weeks.... read more

Xbox 360 dashboard update: Microsoft's 10 key improvements

Postby hujiki » 16 Oct 2012, 11:15

Not Bad, looking forward to the beta part of the update, and i hope they have many free to play titles scheduled. Played Happy Wars yesterday and even though it was stored on my Hard drive the xbox was still making so much noise, Is there a way around this? Its not a bad game either...
hujiki 28

Re: Xbox 360 dashboard update: Microsoft's 10 key improvemen

Postby schwepterbrowser » 16 Oct 2012, 11:32

I didn't realise you could give feedback on the recommendations - the ones I've had throughout the beta have been entirely useless, though I've played a majority of the games on 360, so I guess there isn't much I don't already have to recommend.

The coming soon and recent releases sections are also way off and useless as a result, hopefully they'll start keeping them up to date now. My only other issues I've mentioned elsewhere are that sales haven't been promoted at all and I've missed some good deals as a result and the streaming video channel thing has gone, so I haven't been able to view any of the OXM content.

Now it's out can you say whether there's a way to view it on the new dash, Ed? Or are you getting your own app like the others that provided content (IGN and GameSpot) have?
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Grummy » 16 Oct 2012, 15:04

Oh look! The games tab has moved back again! Isn't that a surprise??!!

Wait, no it's not, it's exactly what I said would happen when the last Dashboard update turned up. Surprise surprise, the one person who thought it through rather than ranting about very minor changes (which served a purpose at the time) was completely right.

Shocker that.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby omallystwin » 16 Oct 2012, 15:27

I am unhappy cuz I can't find your videos
omallystwin 28

Postby JacobsM » 17 Oct 2012, 07:10

When dose xbox SmartGlass come out?
JacobsM 18

Postby OXM ETboy » 17 Oct 2012, 09:49

I'll check about our videos not appearing - it could be to do with the staggered roll-out, perhaps not everything's filtered across just yet.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby schwepterbrowser » 17 Oct 2012, 10:53

I actually found them last night - there's an Xbox News (I think that was the name) tile in the featured section of the Games Marketplace with the OXM content and some other stuff (including PWNED, which I have series linked on Showcase TV, needn't bother now). It hasn't been there throughout the beta, so I guess they added it with the update yesterday; the placement doesn't make much sense, but at least it's there now.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby bamozzy » 17 Oct 2012, 11:15

I have been in the Beta so knew about most/all of this. Not really tried IE though and Happy Wars is ok but not outstanding (I Wouldn't buy it!)

I much prefer this layout but struggle to find some things (Deal of the Week mainly... but use the sales and specials app to get to it). Maybe OXM should do an App (like IGN have just done) No doubt it would be a lot better and much more 'gaming' orientated and accurate too! :D
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Postby alex221 » 19 Oct 2012, 19:40

went is skype come to the xbox
alex221 2

Postby ultradage » 23 Oct 2012, 18:41

i downloaded happy wars thinking that is a [u]free to play[/u] mmo and when i clicked start it said i needed to have xbox live gold did i do something wrong or what. but aside of all that will searching the internet be available for free or will i only be accessible to gold members thx
ultradage 2