to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 3 - forget the Templars, let's wreck the Fr

Your comments on our articles.

Bringing a tomahawk to a cannon fight

Stand on the tip of the south-easterly American protuberance that is Florida, and you're around 300 miles away from the Caribbean Sea. That's the curiously remote location where Assassin's Creed III's naval warfare demos have been set.... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 - forget the Templars, let's wreck the Fr

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 18 Oct 2012, 10:40

This is sounding awesome! I cannot wait for it to arrive. Luckyily I've ordered Dishono(u)red to keep me quiet in the meantime. :D
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 - forget the Templars, let's wreck th

Postby Jukegun » 18 Oct 2012, 14:51

Team America vs the French and the Brits.......MUCRICA!!!!!! no one in the UK is preordering this game, everyone is waiting for some British reviews to come out. If it's like the trailers, then no chance
Jukegun 1

Postby DGR1980 » 18 Oct 2012, 15:08

Jukegun wrote:Team America vs the French and the Brits.......MUCRICA!!!!!! no one in the UK is preordering this game, everyone is waiting for some British reviews to come out. If it's like the trailers, then no chance

Not true.

I preordered it weeks ago, even before i saw the trailer of Connor leap assassinating an american soldier
DGR1980 39

Postby Gazisdaman » 18 Oct 2012, 15:27

Jukegun wrote:Team America vs the French and the Brits.......MUCRICA!!!!!! no one in the UK is preordering this game, everyone is waiting for some British reviews to come out. If it's like the trailers, then no chance

Actually I'm pretty sure that the French were on the side of the Americans as they saw it as an excuse to draw British assets away from the ongoing Napoleonic wars in Europe.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby JacobsM » 18 Oct 2012, 17:22

I CAN'Twait!!!!!
JacobsM 18

Postby EdDeRs1 » 18 Oct 2012, 17:26

Gazisdaman wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure that the French were on the side of the Americans as they saw it as an excuse to draw British assets away from the ongoing Napoleonic wars in Europe.

hes right, the Revolution took place while we were kicking Napoleons ass all over Europe so we didnt have the troops to hols America when the French sent in forces to help the traitors to the crown
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Rick.Ramsayer » 18 Oct 2012, 19:16

Actually I'm pretty sure that the French were on the side of the Americans as they saw it as an excuse to draw British assets away from the ongoing Napoleonic wars in Europe.[/quote]
hes right, the Revolution took place while we were kicking Napoleons ass all over Europe so we didnt have the troops to hols America when the French sent in forces to help the traitors to the crown[/quote]

This game is set during the so called American War Of Independance where the English colonies were revolting against taxation imposed by the government in London. This occurred many years before Napoleon came onto the scene. Don't confuse this period in history with the war of 1812 when England got annoyed with the U.S. for protesting against their ships and crews being forced to serve in the Royal Navy against Napoleonic France. The French supported the Revolutionaries because it was in their best interests and it was because of their intervention that English had to admit defeat and allow the colonists to rule themselves.
Rick.Ramsayer 4

Postby ChillieBonBon » 18 Oct 2012, 20:05

This is like an online history lesson!
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby shockle » 22 Oct 2012, 22:23

WHAT? the french never surrendered immediately? probably hiding behind the Americans who were hiding behind the slaves they forced to fight for them.
shockle 2

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Oct 2012, 08:47

What history lessons did you all go to, the moron classes? The french sided with the americans in 1246 because the americans had used decepticons in their battle against the english who were busy at the time fighting with the japanese mongols under the leadership of Shredder and his foot clan. No one could win against the decepticreeps thats why the french sided with them, and that's how world war 1 was won. The germans never bothered bribing optimus prime. That's hitlers arrogance for you.

Oh, and also this is a game, not a historical document. And I've just preordered only to prove jukegun wrong.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Unholy Angel » 23 Oct 2012, 10:49

I'm British and I pre-ordered.

False conceptions about the British everywhere...
Unholy Angel.

Xbox Live: UnholiestMarrow.
Unholy Angel 6

Postby sneakerphile » 23 Oct 2012, 12:50

Pre-ordered, but i'm English. Does that count? lulz
Been waiting for this since I finished AC:Rev. Just hope more effort has been put into the single player in this one than in Rev, which seemed more geared towards multiplayer action. Bring back more of the puzzles from the earlier games as well, rather than those annoying "walkthrough puzzles" from Rev.
It was a bad call Ripley, it was a bad call.
sneakerphile 14

Postby RyanGowran » 24 Oct 2012, 21:31

i dont think the americans will be liking this game because it will just show them that they needed help to beat us and we all know that the yanks think that every war they fight they fight it alone and win

not that im having a go but whatever live your live how you will
RyanGowran 23