to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

How to get the "broken" Dishonored achievements

Your comments on our articles.

Bethesda weighs in on reports of glitching milestones

Having difficulty completing all of Dishonored's Achievements? Ardently of the opinion that this is because said Achievements are, in fact, "broken"? INSOLENT FOOL: YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS BROKEN. Bethesda has released a quick guide to nabbing some of the coyer in-game milestones. Turns out there's more than one way to kill a man, and more than one way to not kill one too.... read more

How to get the "broken" Dishonored achievements

Postby Sabrewulf » 22 Oct 2012, 17:36

Oooo, I got escapist very early on by complete fluke - boo yah!
Sabrewulf 40

Re: How to get the

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 22 Oct 2012, 19:53

i got tempest by pure luck, messing around near a load of whale oil then shooting it when i was overwhelmed. obviously i restarted, that area got well fewked up
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 44

Postby ChillieBonBon » 22 Oct 2012, 20:16

Most of the achievements on dishonored i have got by chance. For example,the one where you have to travel 30m in 1 secound, i got when i screwed up badly and had to escape about a dozen guards using the pause time ability.
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 23 Oct 2012, 11:08

Dishonored is a brilliant game, very challenging and totally different to anything else I've played (and I've played over 200 games on the 360!). Thus far I have only done a run-through where I killed pretty much everyone I that got in my way, and during that run-through I got the majority of the achievements that I could have done whilst playing in that manner (including all of those that are listed above that involve killing). I have to admit that I am dreading the more stealthy run-through as I thought the game was pretty difficult when I was allowed to kill (although I did play it through on the hardest difficulty and so will probably lower the difficulty for my second run-through). What I really like is the fact that even after having completed the game in one play style, the game encourages me to try another way, because I still have 20 achievements to aim for, unlike most games that usually award the vast majority of achievements during one play-through and then offer a paltry one or two if you complete the game a second time.

The only thing I didn't like about the game was the graphics, but get past that and the game is very rewarding.
AllusiveTurtle 44