to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Devil May Cry demo gets release date, hits Xbox Live early

Your comments on our articles.

The new Dante goes playable in mid-November

Capcom has announced that a DmC: Devil May Cry demo will hit Xbox Live Marketplace on 20th November, a whole 24 hours ahead of schedule. That's 24 hours you can spend grinning smugly at people who own The Other Console, lucky devils. Or alternatively, playing Devil May Cry.... read more

Devil May Cry demo gets release date, hits Xbox Live early

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 31 Oct 2012, 18:36

Looking forward to trying this out
Johnbhoy69 51

Re: Devil May Cry demo gets release date, hits Xbox Live ear

Postby msbhvn » 31 Oct 2012, 18:55

I'll be giving this a try but these days, demos don't really do games many favours. I'm very doubtful that Ninja Theory can pull off a hack-and-slash when the movement and combat in Enslaved was a bit wonky. Movement and combat are everything in a hack-and-slash and even the slightest amount of lag or dodgy input recognition can ruin the game.

I really want to eat my words about it, because Ninja Theory are one of the last recognisable British developers left and I want them to have a successful game. Capcom sending it out to die in January isn't going to help with that, unfortunately.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 01 Nov 2012, 11:26

msbhvn wrote: Capcom sending it out to die in January isn't going to help with that, unfortunately.

Why do you think it will die just because its released in January?
With the amount of people who buy the yearly Call of Duty, there isn't much hope for hack and slash games at this time of year. I think post Christmas is a great time for game releases. Less competition and gives the games a chance to get the sales. Ill definitely be getting DMC and Revengeance too.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Nov 2012, 11:34

Johnbhoy69 wrote:
msbhvn wrote: Capcom sending it out to die in January isn't going to help with that, unfortunately.

With the amount of people who buy the yearly Call of Duty, there isn't much hope for hack and slash games at this time of year. I think post Christmas is a great time for game releases. Less competition and gives the games a chance to get the sales. Ill definitely be getting DMC and Revengeance too.

Sales figures are usually lower in January/February than any other time purely because everyone's credit cards are maxed out. It's certainly not a good time to release a game that half the DMC fan base are openly boycotting if you hope to make that up in new players.

Don't forget that even with the annual CoD game coming out 70% of all retail spend in the UK is spent in November and December. A game released then won't hit the top of the chart but will probably still sell more than if it's released in January.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby trapezium » 01 Nov 2012, 12:05

Johnbhoy69 wrote:

Because OXM said so.

I don't get why Enslaved gets so much stick. It's a brilliant game, and sure, it had some technical issues, but they were no worse than those in multi-million sellers Mass Effect or GTA IV.
trapezium 2

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 01 Nov 2012, 12:47

[/quote]
It's certainly not a good time to release a game that half the DMC fan base are openly boycotting if you hope to make that up in new players.[/quote]

Im not convinced that half the DMC fan base will boycott this game, post Christmas there arent many new games released and with COD games taking like 5 hours to finish the main campaign and the multiplayer getting boring after a few hours I think/hope people will want to try it whether to confirm their initial thoughts that it sucks or to be pleasantly surprised...I'm a huge fan of DMC and the new direction doesn't bother me in the slightest, game play vids look pretty sweet to me.
Will be interesting so see how it sells...and if Ninja Theory pull it off it might convince Capcom to get a new team working on the next Resident evil as number 6 was a steaming pile of fecal matter.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Nov 2012, 12:53

Cunning's right, it's a daft time to release a game. Spring would be a bit better as just after christmas people aren't generally buying (other than the after christmas sales which people want things cheap)
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Clanger67 » 01 Nov 2012, 13:03

They still wouldn't sell many in spring as it will be up against GTA V if they left it until then.Not just this but despite what comes out in spring i know what my money and millions of others will be going on.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby tomoloid » 01 Nov 2012, 23:42

I really cant wait! I think this would be a good game. So I hope developers will not destroy DMC good name
tomoloid 4

Postby BumblebeeCody » 07 Nov 2012, 16:25

msbhvn wrote:I'll be giving this a try but these days, demos don't really do games many favours. I'm very doubtful that Ninja Theory can pull off a hack-and-slash when the movement and combat in Enslaved was a bit wonky. Movement and combat are everything in a hack-and-slash and even the slightest amount of lag or dodgy input recognition can ruin the game.

I really want to eat my words about it, because Ninja Theory are one of the last recognisable British developers left and I want them to have a successful game. Capcom sending it out to die in January isn't going to help with that, unfortunately.

Devil May Cry is not a hack and slash ha
BumblebeeCody 4

Postby msbhvn » 07 Nov 2012, 19:27

BumblebeeCody wrote:
msbhvn wrote:I'll be giving this a try but these days, demos don't really do games many favours. I'm very doubtful that Ninja Theory can pull off a hack-and-slash when the movement and combat in Enslaved was a bit wonky. Movement and combat are everything in a hack-and-slash and even the slightest amount of lag or dodgy input recognition can ruin the game.

Devil May Cry is not a hack and slash ha

And I should believe you, why? The original PS2 Devil May Cry invented the modern hack-and-slash, so I don't know where you got the idea that it's not. Check your facts before posting in future, please.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby sonia-kun » 17 Nov 2012, 16:03

It's beautiful..awesom :D :D :D :D
sonia-kun 3