to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 multiplayer: bringing the best of Call of Duty and Ba

Your comments on our articles.

How 343 caught up with Activision and EA

"There's a lot of stuff that Call of Duty does beautifully that we should do better," Frank O'Connor told OXM back in September 2011, not long after Halo 4 went public, "and that should always be everyone's stance when they see a new game." Hear that, Activision and EA? That's how you address the presence of a large and well-armed rival, not by making snarky comments about frame rates or telling everybody the other guy talks about your product more than you do.... read more

Halo 4 multiplayer: bringing the best of Call of Duty and Ba

Postby veedlemonster » 01 Nov 2012, 22:00

any news on the classic-slayer playlists?
im open to the idea of perks and ordinance drops, as long as there's always a classic or mlg playlist with all that stuff stripped out to dabble in.
besides the news that the soundtrack is lacking the seminal theme tune, could not be more pumped for Halo4.
veedlemonster 19

Re: Halo 4 multiplayer: bringing the best of Call of Duty an

Postby OXM ETboy » 02 Nov 2012, 15:19

Sounds like you want Team Slayer Pro. Here's an official blurb:

"This playlist features the following settings: No Radar, 3 Loadouts (DMR, AR or BR with 1 grenade and Resupply Tactical Package), Player Movement Speed, Reload Speed and Weapon Swap Speed set to 110%, Friendly Fire ON, Score to win Round 60 Kills, No Map Loadouts, and No Custom Loadouts."

I can't remember if there are ODs in this one. I'll check when I get a moment.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Re: Halo 4 multiplayer: bringing the best of Call of Duty an

Postby Simian56 » 05 Sep 2013, 01:04

Ordinance drops and load outs were really crap. They took out the good parts of halo such as everyone starting equal with the same equipment and good players understood map control and how to get to good guns quickly and how to use them. not just kill 4 people then ordinance drop which if you are not really really stupid no one else can get to so its basically a few more free kills b/c no one can match you while you have ammo. That and the lack of a decent campaign is why this game was of poor quality and the worst halo ever to be conceived. R.I.P. Bungie's halo.
Simian56 1