to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Black Ops 2 trailer shows overhauled Nuketown 2025, still lo

Your comments on our articles.

Future tech no answer to acute shortages of space, apparently

The future of Nuketown is, alas, still Nuketown. Activision's released a montage of killshots on Black Ops 2 map Nuketown 2025, which looks a lot shinier for the remaster but no less claustrophobic and chaotic. I'm not sure why they bothered putting together a montage, really - people die often enough in the average Nuketown game that you can do without the edits.... read more

Black Ops 2 trailer shows overhauled Nuketown 2025, still lo

Postby danhalen74 » 02 Nov 2012, 11:31

so many funny matches on blops Nuketown.... was a great map if you were in a team full of mates..big drop off in people i know playing MW3 so im hoping a bunch of them will be back for this.
danhalen74 44

Re: Black Ops 2 trailer shows overhauled Nuketown 2025, stil

Postby bamozzy » 02 Nov 2012, 14:59

Glad I have the Hardened edition on pre-order - I can't wait!!

Nuketown was not one of my favourite maps (too small) but I must admit I never had a really 'bad' experience playing on it.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby GHOSTY05 » 02 Nov 2012, 16:57

bamozzy wrote:Glad I have the Hardened edition on pre-order - I can't wait!!

Nuketown was not one of my favourite maps (too small) but I must admit I never had a really 'bad' experience playing on it.

Why? nuketown comes with the normal editions as well! you just have to pre-order.
GHOSTY05 39

Postby bamozzy » 02 Nov 2012, 17:16

GHOSTY05 wrote:

Why? nuketown comes with the normal editions as well! you just have to pre-order.

However you don't get Nuketown Zombies (only the MP map 2025). Also get a Steelbook version, a couple of avatar items, weapon Camos and playercard emblems (I think) and maybe a few other things too

bamozzy 61

Postby Zinzan44 » 03 Nov 2012, 00:00

I hate this map. Why?

Put simply:

There is no Complexity to this map. It's just head across the street and fire at the first guys you see. There's no strategy, there's no flanking, and nade spam easily goes from spawn to spawn.
It's the equivalent of playing paintball or lazer tag with almost no cover.
No one genuinely loves that map for anything other than getting lots of kills and requiring no thought. Same with Shipment from CoD4.
"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely."
Zinzan44 15

Postby kid assassin » 04 Nov 2012, 15:29

how much is the hardend edition
kid assassin 4

Postby bamozzy » 05 Nov 2012, 10:25

kid assassin wrote:

how much is the hardend edition

I am getting it for £60 (inc P&P) from Amazon.co.uk and it is expected to arrive on the 13th Nov (day of release). This may not be the cheapest place but I have more faith in Amazon than GAME for example.

Zinzan44 wrote:I hate this map. Why?

Put simply:

There is no Complexity to this map. It's just head across the street and fire at the first guys you see. There's no strategy, there's no flanking, and nade spam easily goes from spawn to spawn.
It's the equivalent of playing paintball or lazer tag with almost no cover.
No one genuinely loves that map for anything other than getting lots of kills and requiring no thought. Same with Shipment from CoD4.

Whilst I do agree with you to some degree (Its some of the reasons why I am not a big fan) I do not think it is as bad as Shipment or Rust (from MW2). Every match in whatever game mode is always fast and frantic and I do not feel disadvantaged by starting on either side. From that perspective, it is quite balanced. MW3's Mission for example is not very balanced when it comes to domination and some maps (from numerous CoD games) seem to have areas of NO traffic or use. Nuketown at least utilises all of the map. Personally I would have preferred a remake of nearly any of the other Black Ops Maps (inc DLC) BUT I am not complaining about getting this map.

Unfortunately it seems that Nuketown is regarded by a lot of people as the best Black Ops Map and they regularly had Nuketown 24/7 playlists. I think part of the reason I don't like it so much is because of the amount of times this map always gets played or voted in - it got over played from my perspective. To avoid it, I have opted to play the DLC moshpit or Ground Wars in the last 6 months+ - maybe I should give it another go in preparation for Black Ops 2.... :wink:

bamozzy 61