to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dancing with Deadpool - Marvel's self-aware superhero comes

Your comments on our articles.

An action man who talks you through his own tutorial

After the success of DC's Batman games, it seems like Marvel has started to take the quality of its games much more seriously again. Deadpool might not be as well-known as Spidey, but he remains a classic fan-favourite. Now we've seen his debut game in action, it isn't hard to appreciate why.... read more

Dancing with Deadpool - Marvel's self-aware superhero comes

Postby The Ferret Pants » 03 Nov 2012, 16:11

i have high hopes for this one, since theres a marvel writer behind the scripting it seems to be in fine shape story-wise. the only things im unsure about are the voice-acting (the trailer was odd, since i thought the mvc3 deadpool voice was the best fit for the character ever, and i couldnt tell which voice that was in the trailer), and the actual gameplay. if it plays like a bit of dmc mixed with batman, thatd be perfect, and really as long as its servicable the story should take care of the rest.
The Ferret Pants 25

Re: Dancing with Deadpool - Marvel's self-aware superhero co

Postby EdDeRs1 » 03 Nov 2012, 19:30

The Ferret Pants wrote:i have high hopes for this one, since theres a marvel writer behind the scripting it seems to be in fine shape story-wise. the only things im unsure about are the voice-acting (the trailer was odd, since i thought the mvc3 deadpool voice was the best fit for the character ever, and i couldnt tell which voice that was in the trailer), and the actual gameplay. if it plays like a bit of dmc mixed with batman, thatd be perfect, and really as long as its servicable the story should take care of the rest.

its the same voice actor, Nolan North, he dose most of Deadpool's voice acting
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby veedlemonster » 03 Nov 2012, 20:03

im a mahoosive Deadpool fanboy, so im anxious about the game.
itd be perfect if the combat was r-rated DMC, but the game frequently and fleetingly drops into other video game genres.
Eg, you'd slice through an army of ninjas, then have a Street Fighter style boss battle, then have a 2D Super Mario section to escape the ninja hideout...
utter DP madness.
veedlemonster 19

Postby Dowgle » 05 Nov 2012, 01:05

This game wont be average. It'll either be brilliant or monumentally crap. Could go either way.
Dowgle 31