to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Your comments on our articles.

Xbox 360's latest Call of Duty goes under our microscope

Black Ops 2 is just over a week from release, and the intrepid menfolk of OXM are gearing up for assault on the final Xbox 360 review build. This is perhaps the most intriguing Call of Duty since the genre-defining Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, offering an RTS subgame, open world zombie blasting, a volatile class system and massively expanded e-sports functionality among other new features.... read more

Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 05 Nov 2012, 13:41

Can you do a focus on Zombies? That's the main reason I might buy it.
Jobe wan kenobi 42

Re: Black Ops 2 review: what do you want to know?

Postby EdDeRs1 » 05 Nov 2012, 13:51

look, just tell me these things:
1) is it possible to win in zombies? that the one thing i never liked about it, it always seemed a bit depressing
2) is Bruce Campbell in zombies mode?
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby B1zuk » 05 Nov 2012, 14:06

As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.
B1zuk 17

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Nov 2012, 14:39

B1zuk wrote:As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.

You mean honest/critical?

I'd like to know about the AI, especially the veteran difficulty, are they grenade happy, are there bits with infinite enemies, do they have any AI at all or are they just A like every other cod.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby mocktuna » 05 Nov 2012, 14:44

Zombies, multiplayer killstreaks, multiplayer classes, multiplayer. That'll do me!! :D
mocktuna 10

Postby CunningSmile » 05 Nov 2012, 14:57

Plot? Does it actually have one or is it just an excuse to string together a series of explosions and set pieces?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ElderScrolls1993 » 05 Nov 2012, 15:04

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more on the single-player campaign. Too many people focus on the multiplayer in games and to little on the single-player aspect.

Anyway, I have high hopes for this game and could breathe new life into the series.

:)
ElderScrolls1993 1

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Nov 2012, 15:10

Does it mix up any of the gameplay? MW3 was just a mission to top the last explosion and didn't have any calmer stealthy moments and was generally very shallow.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby ElderScrolls1993 » 05 Nov 2012, 15:28

B1zuk wrote:As somebody already said on Facebook, please be as harsh with BO2 as you were with MoH. Myself, I'd just like to know how the single player campaign holds up.

The reason MoH: Warfighter got a harsh review was because the gameplay was extremely buggy, the single-player was apparently quite boring and had a boring plot, multiplayer wasn't too interesting, etc.

I don't see the same happening for Black Ops II since the gameplay in the CoD franchise is never majorly buggy (unless you take the current state of World At War's online into account), single-player plots have always been interesting (to me anyway), multiplayer's always dragged in millions of players worldwide, Zombie mode has always been incredibly popular, Spec Ops is a lot of fun too, and the franchises pros nearly always outweigh the cons.

If people just took the WHOLE game into account and not just focus on one aspect of the game and gave the other bits of the game a chance for a while, I'm sure more people will see more positive things about CoD.

Medal Of Honour: Warfighter proved to be a letdown to most, but I'm sure Black Ops II will make the haters eat their own words upon release, although you never know...
ElderScrolls1993 1

Postby ItchyRash » 05 Nov 2012, 15:37

Is it good or bad and what score would you give it. Or is that too obvious?

I've missed out the last modern warfare as I just wasn't interested it in any more. Promised myself I wouldn't bother with Black Ops for the same reason but gave in eventually and actually thought it was a great story. I could be swayed by this if it's any good but I come at CoD with a very sceptical mind set for all the usual reasons "haterz" bang on about (recycling etc). I'll try and remain impartial though seeing as I enjoyed the last Black Ops
ItchyRash 42

Postby fracturedrich » 05 Nov 2012, 15:45

Ive read somewhere that the mp has a starcraft 2 league system.I have been banging on about how good that system is for ages, hoping it would be included in the console online gaming for some time, so when i read this it got my attention straight away.With halo and hitman coming out this month i was going to give bo2 a miss ,i traded mw3 in after 1 month last year as i enjoyed and still enjoy bf3 so much more.Then i heard that they can nerf a weapon if it proves to be to powerful there and then without having to wait for a update.I would like to no if the sc2 system is included and if you think it will make the game better,as i no its one of the things which keeps me coming back for more.
fracturedrich 45

Postby danhalen74 » 05 Nov 2012, 17:12

have treyarch (hopefully) ruined the capacity for exploiters to use quickscoping as a MP technique?
i really dont want to keep being one shotted after some 11 year old has shot me in the knee/3 feet to the left of my avatar's head.....
danhalen74 44

Postby ItchyRash » 05 Nov 2012, 17:51

danhalen74 wrote:have treyarch (hopefully) ruined the capacity for exploiters to use quickscoping as a MP technique?
i really dont want to keep being one shotted after some 11 year old has shot me in the knee/3 feet to the left of my avatar's head.....

Having played CoD 4, WaW and MW: 2 online I am still none the wiser what quick scoping actually is and whether i've ever been effected by it or if I was doing it myself and coming across as a tit. Please, someone explain this to me
ItchyRash 42

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Nov 2012, 18:01

Quick-scoping is when you exploit aim assist to score a one-shot-kill with a sniper rifle when zooming to scope. It lets snipers behave like they're armed with shotguns, basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATouealpxtI
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby kid assassin » 05 Nov 2012, 18:58

EdDeRs1 wrote:look, just tell me these things:
1) is it possible to win in zombies? that the one thing i never liked about it, it always seemed a bit depressing
2) is Bruce Campbell in zombies mode?

in world at war i completed it goes up to level 200 :D
kid assassin 4

Next