to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Grand Theft Auto 5 pre-order round-up: where to buy the last

Your comments on our articles.

Get the best deal on your return to San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto 5 pre-orders will be accepted from today, and being kindly friends of the internet, we've thrown together a list of supporting retailers. Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive have yet to let slip any details of the inevitable pre-order incentives, however, so you might want to bookmark this page and check back later in the week. Early bird doesn't always catch the worm.... read more

Grand Theft Auto 5 pre-order round-up: where to buy the last

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Nov 2012, 16:05

Pre-ordered this from game at £39.99 about 6 months ago??
GHOSTY05 39

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 pre-order round-up: where to buy the

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Nov 2012, 16:11

So which are the select few that are giving you the pre order poster ?????.Because if it isn't any of these i can pre order from my usual Zavvi for £39.95.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Nov 2012, 16:22

GHOSTY05 wrote:Pre-ordered this from game at £39.99 about 6 months ago??

Is this really a question? I'm going to have to plump with...no, you didn't pre-order 6 months ago. When do we find out the answer?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Kettch » 05 Nov 2012, 16:28

You may have preordered from GAME 6 months ago. However, its now deposit based, so you may want to pop back in store, stick a deposit on. Just to guarantee it. I dont know if free preoders will be honoured. I think that we also may have a poster offer, but if we do, Ive not seen it
Ladies and gentlemen,take my advice: Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice
Kettch 24

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Nov 2012, 16:36

I doubt anyone is surprised by retailers choosing to put a higher price, I assume everyone preordered when it was cheaper last week anyway. CoD has a £55 price tag remember, because they know they can get away with it - most retailers always take off £10 and I think the price will come down before spring as it does with cod games, but the comparably shorter time until release might mean some people might actually pay £45 for the game as it is popular, which begs the question; do they think they'll be charging this or more for next gen?
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Nov 2012, 19:53

FishyGinger wrote:
GHOSTY05 wrote:Pre-ordered this from game at £39.99 about 6 months ago??

Is this really a question? I'm going to have to plump with...no, you didn't pre-order 6 months ago. When do we find out the answer?

Lol, what a pleb you are, shouldn't you be in bed or doing your homework right now?

I am well aware of when i pre-ordered, as i am in possession of the facts, are you?

I pre-ordered the game at the end of may so almost 6 months ago.

So there's your answer smart ass, now please turn your face around and aim your sarcasm some place else.
GHOSTY05 39

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Nov 2012, 19:58

Bezza89 wrote:I doubt anyone is surprised by retailers choosing to put a higher price, I assume everyone preordered when it was cheaper last week anyway. CoD has a £55 price tag remember, because they know they can get away with it - most retailers always take off £10 and I think the price will come down before spring as it does with cod games, but the comparably shorter time until release might mean some people might actually pay £45 for the game as it is popular, which begs the question; do they think they'll be charging this or more for next gen?

Very true bezza,

I was waiting for the inevitable price rise toward the end of 2012.

This is exactly why i pre-ordered this game so early at the great price of £39.99.

Glad i did now, as many less intelligent beings such as that ginger fishy pleb will probably and hopefully end up paying £45.00+
GHOSTY05 39

Postby msbhvn » 05 Nov 2012, 21:08

Sorry Ghosty, but anyone who uses the word "pleb" as an insult instantly loses all credibility. I shall now add you to my ignore list as there is nothing you can post that could possibly redeem your reputation. Goodbye! :lol:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Nov 2012, 22:13

msbhvn wrote:Sorry Ghosty, but anyone who uses the word "pleb" as an insult instantly loses all credibility. I shall now add you to my ignore list as there is nothing you can post that could possibly redeem your reputation. Goodbye! :lol:

Please do so, as soon as possible, take your fishy friend with you too, we don't need tools
(Tool - is this a better insult for you?) like you around here. I honestly thought we had lost most of them when the website was updated.

I shall also add you to mine, wait....there's an ignore list?

Reputation, didn't know i had one to be honest, but after 5 years posting here i guess i have made quite a few friends on the way.

Anyone who chooses to post sarcastic comments or insults should expect the same in return, including you.

I simply stated i had pre-ordered the game 6 months ago (or there abouts) and was immediately attacked by a sarcastic 12 year old known as ginger fishy finger.

Nevertheless i now consider this matter closed and expect any further comments to be related to the topic advertised.

Goodbye
GHOSTY05 39

Postby msbhvn » 05 Nov 2012, 22:37

Kettch wrote:You may have preordered from GAME 6 months ago. However, its now deposit based, so you may want to pop back in store, stick a deposit on. Just to guarantee it. I dont know if free preoders will be honoured. I think that we also may have a poster offer, but if we do, Ive not seen it

Why the hell is it deposit based? It's not a special edition or anything. Are GAME just trying to lock over-eager customers into buying from them at £45? Looks like I'll be pre-ordering at Amazon and hoping the supermarkets force them to lower their price before release.

Wow, Ghosty, I thought I could get stroppy but you have me beat by a country mile. If Fish's harmless sarcasm offends you so much you need to resort to childish name-calling, then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself. I was only kidding earlier, but maybe I really should add you to my ignore list.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby schwepterbrowser » 05 Nov 2012, 22:51

Caught you on an off day, Ghosty? Huge overreaction.

Just want to point out £39.99 is not a great price for a pre-order, too. I'd go as far as to guarantee you I'll pre-order the game for a fair bit less than that; people need to shop around a bit more, you can buy Halo 4 for £30 from a respectable site right now for god's sake! GTAV'll be no different.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Nov 2012, 23:03

Nobody will end up paying that anyway,they will all be trying to undercut each other by January.Plus everybody forgets that RRP should be fifty to sixty quid anyway.It's only because retailers set the prices and nobody would pay that,given that is CE prices,that you can get most new releases for peanuts.
Clanger67 60

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Nov 2012, 23:22

I concur clang. Hopefully the next gen will remember that, if it exists. We get prices that people wont pay for, and retailers therefore wont set. Build the mountain, and they will come, only build the mountain on top of a mountain and everyone will give up except that one guy who somehow does it and sells a book about it becoming a hero for around a week. But screw that guy.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby OXM ETboy » 05 Nov 2012, 23:24

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello, what's all this then? Spot of the old forum fisticuffs? :)

FishyGinger - rein in your sarcasm a bit. Ghost - don't blow up! Worse things happen at sea and all that.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Nov 2012, 23:45

Thanks Bezza thing is i would pay full whack for something like GTA V if everybody suddenly stuck to RRP.Same as with most Bethesda games because you know it is gonna be quality and you are gonna get months and months of enjoyment out of it.Plus it will be a few years before you get something else like.
Clanger67 60

Next