to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Surface tablet to release before Xbox 720, claim source

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft to tighten grip on touchscreen gaming?

Xbox SmartGlass isn't the beginning and the end of Microsoft's gaming tablet aspirations, apparently. According to the Verge, the manufacturer is working on a seven inch gaming tablet known as Xbox Surface, sporting a custom ARM processor, beefy RAM and a bespoke version of Windows.... read more

Xbox Surface tablet to release before Xbox 720, claim source

Postby Decent_Jam » 06 Nov 2012, 19:30

I'm interested, but only if the tablet can function effectively as a tablet in its own right, I wouldn't one to get one just for the sake of it being 'Xbox'.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Re: Xbox Surface tablet to release before Xbox 720, claim so

Postby Ravan22 » 06 Nov 2012, 23:21

After hearing that a launch for smart glass was coming on the 26th to go with the recent dash update the prospect of any thing linked to this method seems way off or a high possibility of a grand slam of a failure for weeks the Xbox companion / smart glass app for iPad and iPhone has had no updates .this is to either its content or its ability to perform tasks , I'm still seeing details about resi 6 .com and no content for halo4 assasins creed hasn't had a blip and cod Bo2 nothing without updating all the dashboards what's the point in having a dashboard on your phone or iPad if the content is months out. I can see my friends are online and occasionally message them if the sun and moon and Xbox live and and apple are all in the right vernal equinox but at the minute this seems like a waste of time fix what you have before making something newer .
Ravan22 7

Postby Thos. » 07 Nov 2012, 00:54

Not sure how you'll be able to play a game on these things, when you can easily out-type them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtf_BgFS08
Thos. 43

Postby Windowlicker79 » 07 Nov 2012, 13:25

Thos. wrote:Not sure how you'll be able to play a game on these things, when you can easily out-type them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtf_BgFS08

That's the Microsoft Surface (which is available to buy now), not the Xbox Surface (which is still just a rumour).
Anyway the version of Word on the Surface RT is just a preview version and is about 6 months old. It was rushed out before it was finished, with Office developers never actually having access to the Surface hardware. The slow typing problem has already been fixed.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Nov 2012, 16:03

Ravan22 wrote: iPad and iPhone has had no updates .this is to either its content or its ability to perform tasks , I'm still seeing details about resi 6 .com and no content for halo4 assasins creed hasn't had a blip and cod Bo2 nothing without updating all the dashboards what's the point in having a dashboard on your phone or iPad if the content is months out. I can see my friends are online and occasionally message them if the sun and moon and Xbox live and and apple are all in the right vernal equinox but at the minute this seems like a waste of time fix what you have before making something newer .

There was an update for the app today. Not sure what it entails. At the moment all I can see is that the app icon has changed but I'm assuming the content has been updated. For sending messages over xbox live it's great as I don't have one of the controller keyboards so typing on that can take ages. I also found it ok as a remote for lovefilm/netflix when my controller went dead and I couldn't find any batteries although it's nowhere near as responsive as the xbox controller itself. As a free app for my iPhone though it's pretty handy so no complaints.
ItchyRash 42

Postby fracturedrich » 08 Nov 2012, 14:57

i was thinking of buying the nexus 7 to use on my xbox ,but somethings telling me to wait until the new year.Can someone tell me if they are planning to make a joy pad like the new wi u or is this going to be a tablet only service until the next gen,Is this worth getting into ,ive got most new games but cant see where smartglass is going to fit into playing them.
fracturedrich 46

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Nov 2012, 15:10

Biggest thing putting me off the nexus 7 is the fact I've seen Bladerunner...
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Nov 2012, 16:45

CunningSmile wrote:Biggest thing putting me off the nexus 7 is the fact I've seen Bladerunner...

Thats Nexus 6 isn't it. I'd still be wary having one whilst it's raining though. Lets just call a taxi "time to die"....erm maybe I'll walk.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby fracturedrich » 10 Nov 2012, 15:25

CunningSmile wrote:Biggest thing putting me off the nexus 7 is the fact I've seen Bladerunner...

if my memory serves me correct the replicants only made it up to nexus 6.
fracturedrich 46