to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 2 release date - defend the UNSC

Your comments on our articles.

Second Halo 4 co-op campaign chapter to arrive next week

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 2 will launch on Monday, 12th November, Microsoft has announced, adding five new missions and a fresh whack of side-story.... read more

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 2 release date - defend the UNSC

Postby fracturedrich » 09 Nov 2012, 19:04

They are a bit short,but ime looking forward to the next instalment this is perfect for me as i was not a big fan of firefight anyway.This game is perfect 10 for me.
fracturedrich 46

Re: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 2 release date - defend the U

Postby Waffles2541 » 09 Nov 2012, 19:36

I personally preferred firefight. Had considerably more replay value and was just more fun to play. I do like spartan ops though, and by the looks of it we are going to have plenty of missions to come in the future. That variety should help sell Spartan Ops, plus the fact that it is Episodic should keep pulling back the hardcore halo fans from the distraction of other games.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby d4nx2y » 10 Nov 2012, 10:39

Stubbs the zombie has more personality than these Promethean!
d4nx2y 16

Postby stryder84 » 10 Nov 2012, 10:55

Firefight was so much fun but i actually like the idea of DLC COOP story missions and if they come with regular frequency (and with that i mean maximum 6 months between story arcs (not episodes as it is mentioned in the article every week) then i for one will play on...and on and on and on
AK-47? nah 2 swords and shout will do me
stryder84 29

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 10 Nov 2012, 13:27

i'm new to halo and am loving this game, spartan ops is great plus the weekly challenges for them! was disappointed to relise they are releasing them in episodes, i was looking at un-obtainable achievements, but now i see they will be coming thick-and-fast. 50 episodes in 10 weeks? ooh, 343, with this dlc you are really spoiling us (a la cheesy french accent)
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 44

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 11 Nov 2012, 11:50

Spartan Ops is all well and good in theory, but the problem is can you really sit down for a marathan gaming session and play 4 or 5 hours of it and then do it again the very next day? The answer is quite simply no. Once you know that mission, you might choose to play it two or even three times, but then what? You're not going to keep going back to it as you did Firefight. For those of us who would rather avoid competitive play, this means that their is little replayability in the game and that we'll be left languishing in the lower ranks with little desire to pick the game up again. This could well turn into what happened with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, where after the intial surge, you simply slipped the disc into the console every other weekend to complete the weekend challenge before then going on to play something else. Hopefully, when they look at the numbers that are playing the multiplayer in Halo 4, as compared with Reach, they will decide to bring Firefight back as DLC as there is no way that people will continue to play Spartan Ops years down the line as they did Firefight.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby andy30241 » 12 Nov 2012, 11:06

I've had ever Halo game on the release days. The Spartan ops missions bring a good side to the main game, however I managed to finish all 5 of this episode in about 2 hours on so on Legend so bit more of a challenge from episode 2 would be better but there is still plenty of on-line and main game to go. Good job 343.
andy30241 7