to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gameplay video: massive Gekko

Your comments on our articles.

Matt and Log carve into Platinum's latest in search of that gameplay spine

The pattern with Metal Gear Solid games to date has been thus: something spectacularly flamboyant happens at the tail-end of a massively wordy cut scene, then you spend 10 minutes lurking in a pile of rubble, training your paranoid eye on the goons patrolling the area. Metal Gear Rising's cutscenes pan out the same way, but nowadays the in-game stuff is a touch more... showy.... read more

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gameplay video: massive Gekko

Postby severedize » 10 Nov 2012, 16:23

The more I see the more I want it, I thought a parry led to an instant spine rip with health bonus? Maybe an unlock, or I have mixed it with something else I have seen. Why does Log not play?I thought he is a Bayonnetta man:), no offence Mr Lees.
severedize 11

Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gameplay video: massive G

Postby mocktuna » 11 Nov 2012, 02:23

One things for sure, its defo Japanese.....
mocktuna 11

Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gameplay video: massive G

Postby OXM Log » 14 Nov 2012, 13:32

The parrying doesn't open up the spines. At this early stage, all it does is prevent damage. We're hoping it opens up new possibilities for attacks as you unlock new skills. It's something we haven't really seen yet.

To get the spines, you have to soften them up and performing an accurate slice in Blade Mode.

And while I love Bayonetta, Matt is a *machine* on these games. Matt makes us look better, believe me.
OXM Log
OXM Staff