to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dead Island: Riptide - Horde Mode rip-offs and boat rampages

Your comments on our articles.

If you forget your trunks you'll have to do it in your pants

Picking up where Dead Island left off, it seems our quartet of cardboard characters didn't escape after all. You're back in the jungle for an extended holiday, but the area you're facing is considerably damper: the summer monsoon has turned the island into a giant water-feature, full of floaty corpses you might want to avoid.... read more

Dead Island: Riptide - Horde Mode rip-offs and boat rampages

Postby Clanger67 » 11 Nov 2012, 14:17

Sounds great and quite a bit different to the first one.Also sounds like it will be good fun in CO-OP.I never had that much problem with the first one and really enjoyed it.Glad that you can use your save from the first one and if the graphics are better should look mint.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Dead Island: Riptide - Horde Mode rip-offs and boat ramp

Postby Glooping » 11 Nov 2012, 18:47

Pre ordered cant wait
Glooping 6

Postby msbhvn » 11 Nov 2012, 21:16

I played the first game for a bit and it has a Skyrim/Fallout/Borderlands feel, but some of the glitches really annoyed me, especially as I got the "shouldn't be called Game of the Year" edition. It froze my 360 twice in the ten or so hours I played.

One of the things that really made me rage was that I was sent on a mission to get some orange juice from a petrol station. I thought since I was there, I'd get a couple of cans of petrol in case any other missions required them. On the way back to drop off the juice I came upon a guy trying to get into a building, and after I'd let him in, he gave me a mission to get, you've guessed it, two cans of petrol. I smugly went back to my pickup truck to get the two petrol cans I'd had the incredible foresight to collect, and they were gone! The bloody game had eaten them! :x

Hopefully the success of the first game means the publisher has thrown some more money at the second, and they can pay for some proper QA testing.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Clanger67 » 12 Nov 2012, 15:13

I didn't encounter any bugs at all with and i played it through three times with the different characters.I never had a problem at the garage anyway as i didn't think you could access it until you get the mission as the guys inside won't let you in.Great game i reckon and will def. be getting this.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby Spartan Edge » 26 Nov 2012, 18:36

Love the first game,so under rated. I must get round to finishing it though with the second one on the way..
Spartan Edge 13