to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

How to get banned from Black Ops 2 - Treyarch's pro tips

Your comments on our articles.

A must-read guide to annoying the Powers That Be

Got yourself hoofed off Black Ops 2 multiplayer after playing a pirated copy two days early while dressed in bondage gear and screaming homophobic abuse? Don't say you weren't warned. Treyarch has posted a list of the mean, nasty, hurtful things that will result in Black Ops 2 account bans of varying severity. Set your jaw and read on.... read more

How to get banned from Black Ops 2 - Treyarch's pro tips

Postby voodoo1102 » 12 Nov 2012, 11:30

Guess I wont be playing that for a while then if you can be banned and get your stats reset by encountering glitches. Let's hope Treyarch buck the trend this time and their maps aren't full of holes.

Only time I've been banned was a 2 week suspension from Xbox Live last year because some killjoy reported my profile, which mocked the Taliban's lack of decent military hardware. Best part was the disk drive in my (4th) 360 had died and my console was off for repair for the second time in a month. The ban came and went whilst the 360 was at Microsoft's repair centre. Ha!
voodoo1102 35

Re: How to get banned from Black Ops 2 - Treyarch's pro tips

Postby ItchyRash » 12 Nov 2012, 12:51

I've not been banned but have looked at my gamer feedback recently only to find I was avoided by 70% of players, mostly for foul and abusive language. I don't know how that's possible as I don't use my mic other than party chat with my mates. Unless my mums been having secret games on my xbox and entering into slagging matches with teenage americans.
ItchyRash 42

Postby severedize » 12 Nov 2012, 18:04

Someone might as well say it, that ban list represents at least 50% of the COD players currently:) I am very interested to see this implemented, looking forward to the review either way.
severedize 11

Postby ChillieBonBon » 12 Nov 2012, 19:46

It isn't a major ban but i keep on getting temporally banned on the Halo Reach multiplayer because i would quit matches if my team was getting their butts kicked.
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby Toots McCleggan » 12 Nov 2012, 21:10

Ive been banned before for offensive language and threatening behaviour....it sucked i was Drunk and started mouthing off and got banned not big not clever and totally justified in a ban however......How can they release a game with a huge list of ways to get banned thats just stupid.
Toots McCleggan 15

Postby the velvet sack » 12 Nov 2012, 21:56

Toots McCleggan wrote:Ive been banned before for offensive language and threatening behaviour....it sucked i was Drunk and started mouthing off and got banned not big not clever and totally justified in a ban however......How can they release a game with a huge list of ways to get banned thats just stupid.

I've been an avid fan of the online mp experience with COD games as long as it's been around and I really appreciate what Treyarch is doing here. I've never cheated/boosted or otherwise attempted to gain an unfair advantage (and wouldn't know how to if I had to) and I'm still in the top 2 to 3 scorers of any MP matchup. That having been said, I do occasionally let loose an Irish-tongued blue-streak that would set fire to my mothers hair when some 10 year old frags me with a random grenade from across the map...&@#$! Really!?...so yah, I get that you were booted..but I'm stoked for rules like these!

Seriously tho, I'm stoked that I'll be able to be matched up against similarly skilled players from around the world and be able to play out an entire match without some dweeb in their step-moms basement screwing things up for everybody else because they either lack the skill to win on their own or don't understand the concept of an honest fight.

Read the rules and weep you bunch of crotch-kicking-lag-switching-whiney-beeeyotches!

My only hope is that the rules will be enforced to the letter!
The Velvet Sack approved this message.
the velvet sack 1

Postby Dave101 » 14 Nov 2012, 14:19

i was and still am, banned from world at war, but the reason is unfair. i joined a random lobby as you do, unaware the host was a hacker and played the most surreal round you can imagine, flying, multicoloured sky etc. then im banned through no fault of my own. sent them an email, they never responded.
Dave101 16

Postby Approved » 15 Nov 2012, 23:42

the velvet sack wrote:
Toots McCleggan wrote:Ive been banned before for offensive language and threatening behaviour....it sucked i was Drunk and started mouthing off and got banned not big not clever and totally justified in a ban however......How can they release a game with a huge list of ways to get banned thats just stupid.

I've been an avid fan of the online mp experience with COD games as long as it's been around and I really appreciate what Treyarch is doing here. I've never cheated/boosted or otherwise attempted to gain an unfair advantage (and wouldn't know how to if I had to) and I'm still in the top 2 to 3 scorers of any MP matchup. That having been said, I do occasionally let loose an Irish-tongued blue-streak that would set fire to my mothers hair when some 10 year old frags me with a random grenade from across the map...&@#$! Really!?...so yah, I get that you were booted..but I'm stoked for rules like these!

Seriously tho, I'm stoked that I'll be able to be matched up against similarly skilled players from around the world and be able to play out an entire match without some dweeb in their step-moms basement screwing things up for everybody else because they either lack the skill to win on their own or don't understand the concept of an honest fight.

Read the rules and weep you bunch of crotch-kicking-lag-switching-whiney-beeeyotches!

My only hope is that the rules will be enforced to the letter!
The Velvet Sack approved this message.

Nuff said.
-Approved
Approved 2

Postby Catheterizedeye » 19 Nov 2012, 18:53

COD black ops 2 has nothing on forza 4. I got a 20 YEAR ban (yes, i mean that, a 20 YEAR ban) thats 175,200 hours. all i did was re-download my vinyl shapes and skins from forza 3 then the next day BLAM!! i was stung with the ban hammer. yes i admit the vinyl skins were a little offensive (only to jews) i had 2. 1 was a man swinging from the gallows like from the famous word search game "hang man" and the other was a swastika :shock:
Catheterizedeye 12