to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4: Spartan Ops - Episode 2

Your comments on our articles.

Carry on camping

This review is written in memory of the brave men and women of UNSC marine squad Hacksaw, who boldly met their end this afternoon not far from Requiem landmark the Fortress, a giant pointless pile of silvery girders.... read more

Halo 4: Spartan Ops - Episode 2

Postby fluffy321 » 12 Nov 2012, 20:16

yay first comment
fluffy321 18

Re: Halo 4: Spartan Ops - Episode 2

Postby jimbosolo » 12 Nov 2012, 20:55

Im confused, I see Sparton Ops as Firefight 3.0. Where in ODST and Reach their was not many people who played it and it was also very laggy with 4 players here we have no lag that ive noticed and its more story based to hide fighting endless waves and increasing difficulty. A number of people trolling complain that all you do is shoot, take cover, hold x to activate switches etc, yet its a fps theirs only so many things you can do. Yet when developers try something different they get slated for ruining an existing idea, but if they keep it the same more or less, people moan that its another year another COD, AC, etc etc offering exactly the same as the previous game.

Personally im enjoying it and like the high quality videos being a mixture of live action/cgi. I also like 343 taking a gamble with releasing SO over a period of time given the fact that Halo 4 will be competing against other titles (COD) and it actually encourages achievement hunters etc to take a break by restricting for a short time how many can be unlocked.

Its a never ending Paradox. :D
jimbosolo 14

Postby weldersbench » 12 Nov 2012, 22:43

What is that blue Spartans helmet? It's looks awesome!
weldersbench 4

Postby RHPSAUCE » 13 Nov 2012, 00:34

Spartan Ops is a story over time, reviewing each one is like reviewing every level of the campaign. I'm disappointed that you gave this episode a low score, the story is just beginning and just like the campaign the climax isn't in the second level.
RHPSAUCE 31

Postby Alaric14 » 14 Nov 2012, 16:40

RHPSAUCE wrote:Spartan Ops is a story over time, reviewing each one is like reviewing every level of the campaign. I'm disappointed that you gave this episode a low score, the story is just beginning and just like the campaign the climax isn't in the second level.

Don't compare this to the primary campaign; it's not even close, though it's entertaining in its own sweet way. By the same token I have to wonder why OXM are reviewing it - wouldn't a series of feature articles be more appropriate? "Spartan Diaries: [insert clever weekly word pun here]", perhaps. That is assuming the content is going to be 'free' in future. The moment we start paying money for optional content I'd endorse a thorough review process.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby OXM ETboy » 14 Nov 2012, 16:46

By the same token I have to wonder why OXM are reviewing it - wouldn't a series of feature articles be more appropriate?

I agree. We're going to do features in future - the idea was to scoop up "Spartan Ops review" on Google, but it just doesn't make sense from a critical perspective.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff