to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

DmC: Devil May Cry video: "the best Devil May Cry since Devi

Your comments on our articles.

Matt has a bit of a Ninja Theory love-in

We already knew that Matt likes him some Devil May Cry, but the sheer extent of his adoration wasn't apparent till now. OXM's latest video shows the new, punk rocker Dante majorly harshing some demonic buzz by way of scythes, swords, axes and pistols, while Mr Lees rattles on in the background like a doting aunt.... read more

DmC: Devil May Cry video: "the best Devil May Cry since Devi

Postby msbhvn » 14 Nov 2012, 14:23

Wow. That does look very good. Looks like the decision not to use Capcom's MT (which I can only presume stands for Massive Tearing) Framework was a good one. The combat looks like it has finally come together and new-Dante's skills seem to be a combination of old-Dante and Nero (with the grab moves). All it needs is a half-decent story and it could seriously overshadow even DMC3.

I love videos like this from you, Matt. Your enthusiasm is so contagious, as the epic Dragon's Dogma thread proved a few months back. Since you've done this and Revengeance, can I trouble you to do one for Anarchy Reigns when you get your hands on it?
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: DmC: Devil May Cry video: "the best Devil May Cry since

Postby Alaric14 » 14 Nov 2012, 14:32

Played this at Eurogamer and was thoroughly impressed; never worried about the franchise's change in direction after the combat-starved Devil May Cry 4. Unfortunately I don't think people will pick up on just how good it is and it'll likely be left on the gaming wayside, appreciated only by those who know a shiny action jewel when they see one amongst the glistening lumps of dog shit that surround it.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby msbhvn » 14 Nov 2012, 14:42

Hack-and-slash is a niche market these days, which is why there are three coming out within weeks of each other in the worst part of the year for game sales. :(

Looks like I'll be getting all three, so by March I'll probably be in rehab for ProPlus addiction. :lol:

The demo is out on Tuesday, so I'll be able to see for myself how good it is. :D
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Decent_Jam » 14 Nov 2012, 20:23

It's worth taking a look at this video on the YouTube channel, mostly because Matt appears to have set the internet on fire in the form of comments.

At time of writing - 67 likes and 294 dislikes for the video, and some of the things people are going on about are so trivial it just makes you want to laugh heartily and shake your head.

I'm actually interested in this, have been very hmmmmm about it up to now but I think it would be a decent single player outing for me in terms of the type of game I enjoy.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Alaric14 » 14 Nov 2012, 20:39

Decent_Jam wrote:At time of writing - 67 likes and 294 dislikes for the video, and some of the things people are going on about are so trivial it just makes you want to laugh heartily and shake your head.

Welcome to YouTube, where the Baseless Feedback Troll is king. :lol:
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby msbhvn » 14 Nov 2012, 21:03

Decent_Jam wrote:It's worth taking a look at this video on the YouTube channel, mostly because Matt appears to have set the internet on fire in the form of comments.

At time of writing - 67 likes and 294 dislikes for the video, and some of the things people are going on about are so trivial it just makes you want to laugh heartily and shake your head.

I'm actually interested in this, have been very hmmmmm about it up to now but I think it would be a decent single player outing for me in terms of the type of game I enjoy.

I always download OXM videos through Keepvid.com rather than subject myself to the illiterate douchebag trolls that comment on YouTube. I also avoid Facebook, Twitter and any other so-called "social" site because the more people there are, the collective IQ goes down the toilet and I can't be arsed wading through hundreds of incomprehensible text-speak comments just to see if there is even anything worth reading there.
msbhvn 66

Postby Decent_Jam » 14 Nov 2012, 21:06

msbhvn wrote:
Decent_Jam wrote:It's worth taking a look at this video on the YouTube channel, mostly because Matt appears to have set the internet on fire in the form of comments.

I always download OXM videos through Keepvid.com rather than subject myself to the illiterate douchebag trolls that comment on YouTube. I also avoid Facebook, Twitter and any other so-called "social" site because the more people there are, the collective IQ goes down the toilet and I can't be arsed wading through hundreds of incomprehensible text-speak comments just to see if there is even anything worth reading there.

I find it quite interesting as an occasional social study rather than looking to gain anything from them, to be fair, but I take your point.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby severedize » 16 Nov 2012, 15:02

Can't wait!, struggling to take previous comments seriously as douchebag was used, melts.
severedize 11