to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Meet the MOBA - the PC genre that's poised to conquer Xbox 3

Your comments on our articles.

Matt's bumper guide to the mysteries of ganking and nuking

It's one of the fastest growing genres in video games, but there's a fair chance you haven't heard of it.... read more

Meet the MOBA - the PC genre that's poised to conquer Xbox 3

Postby kronk10 » 18 Nov 2012, 17:18

Awesomenauts should not even be mentioned as it was such a great game but because of the company DTP it will not see any updates for a long time if not at all. Ronimo the creators of awesomenauts want to update it but DTP who do the updating /money side of things are going bust and ronimo are only a small company and cannot afford the stupid amount of money it takes to update games on consoles. What i am getting at is that MOBAS might be the new thing but if awesomenauts is anything to go by it may not be worth getting them on the console and instead get them on steam on your pc!
kronk10 41

Re: Meet the MOBA - the PC genre that's poised to conquer Xb

Postby schwepterbrowser » 18 Nov 2012, 19:47

I got Awesomenauts on Steam yesterday and it's well ahead of the XBLA version, it has several more characters and alternate costumes for all characters.

Awesomenauts and MNC are two of my favourite XBLA games and Guardians of Middle Earth is a day one purchase for me, unless they announce that the boxed version with the season pass is coming to the UK. I also have Dota 2 installed, but I'm yet to try it. I say bring on more MOBAs!
schwepterbrowser 54

Re: Meet the MOBA - the PC genre that's poised to conquer Xb

Postby Spartan Edge » 26 Nov 2012, 18:25

These kind of game don't interest me one bit.They're very limited & 'throwaway' modes to me.hardly something i would consider a threat lol.
Spartan Edge 13