to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes live

Your comments on our articles.

Trailer and screenshots released

Borderlands 2 couldn't get more bombastic if it tried, but new DLC pack Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage has a jolly good go. Out now for 800 MP, the pack sees you journeying to the Badass Crater of Badassitude to prove your worth as a person who can make explosions happen.... read more

Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes live

Postby Metalrodent » 20 Nov 2012, 16:00

does this raise the level cap for our characters?
cause I'm currently stuck at level 50 unable to beat Terramorphous the Invincible (cause im playing on my own), and its the only thing left to do
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 67
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby falcon » 20 Nov 2012, 16:56

Metalrodent wrote:does this raise the level cap for our characters?
cause I'm currently stuck at level 50 unable to beat Terramorphous the Invincible (cause im playing on my own), and its the only thing left to do


It is possible to solo Terramorphous if you have the legendary Bee shield and the legendary Conference Call shotgun, and then you hide behind part of the exit ramp in his arena. Lots of Youtube videos show how to do it, but it means you'd have to spend hours trying to get bosses to drop the legendary items you need, which will be quite boring!

I'm looking forward to a cap rise too, but I heard that Gearbox are planning something 'different' with the cap rise though, so maybe it won't be as straightforward as just getting lots of XP?
falcon 16
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 11:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby msbhvn » 20 Nov 2012, 17:03

I use Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker because it's way easier to get than the Conference Call. It took a few hours of killing Hunter Hellquist before I got a decent level 50 Bee, though.

It's a cheap tactic, but Gearbox putting a boss in the game that is designed to only be killable in co-op and tying two achievements to it was a dick move in the first place. The Bee is going to be made a bit less powerful in a patch that's due in the next couple of weeks, so kill Terra while you can.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby Metalrodent » 20 Nov 2012, 21:04

msbhvn wrote:but Gearbox putting a boss in the game that is designed to only be killable in co-op and tying two achievements to it was a dick move in the first place.

Agreed
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 67
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby falcon » 20 Nov 2012, 21:49

Metalrodent wrote:
msbhvn wrote:but Gearbox putting a boss in the game that is designed to only be killable in co-op and tying two achievements to it was a dick move in the first place.

Agreed


I think they did it again in the Pirate's Booty DLC as well - two 'invincible' bosses that need to be beaten to get the all quests completed achievement.
falcon 16
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 11:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 21 Nov 2012, 11:31

It is almost impossible to beat Hyperious the Invincible solo (I say almost as I'm sure someone, somewhere will have done it!). And as for Gee, it is possible to beat him solo is you're prepared to hide, you get lucky and the acid kills him, but then you have the problem with the game freezing on nearly every occasion that he does die.

I am not a fan of cheats and I hate the fact that the first game was ruined by modded-weapons, but I have to admit that pretty much the only way to kill these two boses is with the invincibility glitch, but even this is no good for those playing solo as just to get one person invincible, you need 3 people in the game.

I purchased the Season Pass and was looking to play the game solo, but in order to beat the first DLC I have had to play with others, and am likely to have to do it again to beat the second, and that is a pretty dick move!
User avatar
AllusiveTurtle 44
 
Posts: 673
Joined: 07 May 2011, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby msbhvn » 21 Nov 2012, 11:55

People have killed Hyperius quickly using the Baby Maker gun with the Bee shield. Baby Maker is a Tediore weapon, meaning it explodes on reload, and the more rounds left when you reload, the more damage it does. The Bee then amplifies the explosion causing huge damage. So you use the Baby Maker, fire once and hit Hyperius with the reload. This bug/exploit is being removed altogether in the forthcoming patch, though.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 Nov 2012, 12:38

msbhvn wrote:People have killed Hyperius quickly using the Baby Maker gun with the Bee shield. Baby Maker is a Tediore weapon, meaning it explodes on reload, and the more rounds left when you reload, the more damage it does. The Bee then amplifies the explosion causing huge damage. So you use the Baby Maker, fire once and hit Hyperius with the reload. This bug/exploit is being removed altogether in the forthcoming patch, though.


Thank you for your reply, Msbhvn. I have beaten Hyperious a couple of times, with no cheats, but only when playing with others. Do you know whether it can be done with the Baby Maker solo? Also do you know the stats of the Baby Maker as there are obviously several? I also read somewhere that they either have, or were going to nerf the Bee Shield.

I still think that they've made Gee and Hyperious ridiculously difficult to beat as part of a team, and they are truly invincible if playing alone!
User avatar
AllusiveTurtle 44
 
Posts: 673
Joined: 07 May 2011, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby msbhvn » 22 Nov 2012, 12:48

I think it is currently (until the next patch) possible to solo Hyperius with the Bee and Baby Maker. The idea is to hit him with the reload with as many bullets as possible left in the gun, rather than shooting him. A Tediore relic and any skills and class mods that reduce reload speed will make it easier. You still have to kill the minions afterwards, so an Infinity pistol is recommended for that. I haven't done this myself, this is all from what I've read on GameFAQs. I am currently farming Madame Von Bartlesby (the utter cheating cow) for a Baby Maker to try this.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 Nov 2012, 13:55

msbhvn wrote:I think it is currently (until the next patch) possible to solo Hyperius with the Bee and Baby Maker. The idea is to hit him with the reload with as many bullets as possible left in the gun, rather than shooting him. A Tediore relic and any skills and class mods that reduce reload speed will make it easier. You still have to kill the minions afterwards, so an Infinity pistol is recommended for that. I haven't done this myself, this is all from what I've read on GameFAQs. I am currently farming Madame Von Bartlesby (the utter cheating cow) for a Baby Maker to try this.


OKay, thanks for that - I think I have a Baby Maker (I'd need to check) - If I do, I can dupe it if you want.
User avatar
AllusiveTurtle 44
 
Posts: 673
Joined: 07 May 2011, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 Nov 2012, 14:55

Msbhvn - I've just checked my inventory and I have a level 50 Tediore Quality Baby Maker. The stats being:

Damage - 5955
Accuracy - 92.1
Fire Rate - 8.3
Reload Speed - 1.1
Magazine Size - 33

Come with +26% reload speed.

Is that the gun you're looking for?

As I said earlier, if you want a copy, it would be no problem.
User avatar
AllusiveTurtle 44
 
Posts: 673
Joined: 07 May 2011, 17:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby msbhvn » 22 Nov 2012, 15:02

That'd be good. You'll have to send me a friend request as I've got all my privacy settings set to friends only. My Gamertag is ImmaturityRules.

EDIT: Never mind, I've switched my privacy settings to the Adult default. No need for a friend request.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
User avatar
msbhvn 66
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Borderlands 2 DLC: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage goes

Postby jimbosolo » 30 Nov 2012, 21:06

The voice actor for Mr Satan from DragonBall z uses the same voice for Mr Torgue :)
jimbosolo 14
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 14:15
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]