to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox 720 questions: will free-to-play spell doom for sequels

Your comments on our articles.

How updates could take over from annual releases

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we tend to write rather a lot about Minecraft round these parts. That's partly because reader adoration for Minecraft is roughly akin to Mario's taste for mushrooms, but it's also because unlike most videogames, this one is actually getting more interesting over time. Even the teensiest, most perfunctory of Minecraft Xbox 360 updates is a chasm of tweaks and additions - new item crafting recipes, host options, Creative Mode, new mobs and new structures to uncover.... read more

Xbox 720 questions: will free-to-play spell doom for sequels

Postby Lennon Donaghy » 20 Nov 2012, 22:01

I think sequels are a big part in developing games as they give the developer a chance to look over the whole game instead of just tweaking tiny bits every now and then. They also are a lot more attractive to buy in most cases as it is a change and can have a new main character or can have loads of data on the disk instead of downloading all the time until you run out of space and have to buy a memory drive at about the £60 mark. I'm sure someone will come up with an argument against this but this is my own personal opinion. :)
Lennon Donaghy 4