to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Mirror's Edge 2 is

Your comments on our articles.

ngmoco boss spills the beans

Hours after we revealed that there's more on the boil at DICE than Battlefield 4, former studio manager Ben Cousins has declared that Mirror's Edge 2 is not only a going concern, but actually in production.... read more

Mirror's Edge 2 is

Postby Clanger67 » 21 Nov 2012, 15:14

Great stuff have been wanting a follow on for ages.Somebody already suggested this in the other thread,uncannily.

Really enjoyed the first one except for the what felt a bit tacked on shooting bits.The parkour was great and with the tech nowadays this could look mint.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Mirror's Edge 2 is

Postby GallifreyDog » 21 Nov 2012, 19:50

Can't wait. The animations will be even better thanks to Frostbite 2, hope it's as fun as the first one.
GallifreyDog 26

Postby Decent_Jam » 21 Nov 2012, 20:59

Have you spontaneously combusted with excitement Ed?

Could be good fun, if they learn from their mistakes.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Mendes » 22 Nov 2012, 09:55

Quite excited by this news. At the expense of smug use of an idiom it could be great as long as they stick to their guns and leave them out of the gameplay.
Mendes 34

Postby Bonescrubs » 22 Nov 2012, 11:14

Clanger67 wrote:Somebody already suggested this in the other thread,uncannily.

Indeed... :wink:

Oh this is brilliant news. Frostbite 2, in-engine cutscenes this time please, a longer campaign, and 2-player co-op (Faith on the rooftops, sister Kate stealthing through buildings hacking and shooting). And I want them to be working for Miller, and I want to fight Celeste again, and, and.... :D
Bonescrubs 12

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Nov 2012, 11:46

Bonescrubs wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:Somebody already suggested this in the other thread,uncannily.

Indeed... :wink:

Oh this is brilliant news. Frostbite 2, in-engine cutscenes this time please, a longer campaign, and 2-player co-op (Faith on the rooftops, sister Kate stealthing through buildings hacking and shooting). And I want them to be working for Miller, and I want to fight Celeste again, and, and.... :D

Good call suggesting it on the Frosbite 2 engine and soon after we get an article confirming it. :D

They can make this game mint if they avoid a few niggles with the first one.Can already imagine the amazing view you will get on the roof tops.
Clanger67 60

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Nov 2012, 12:32

Clanger67 wrote:Great stuff have been wanting a follow on for ages.Somebody already suggested this in the other thread,uncannily.

These forums have magic power! Stuff we talk longingly about wanting quite often gets a new rumour or full conformation shortly after.

Magic I tells ya.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Nov 2012, 13:12

Wouldn't it be weird if System Shock 3 was announced now?

I said....WOULDN'T IT BE...oh never mind.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Nov 2012, 13:14

They won't do SS 3 though yet they are still working on the delayed Bioshock Infinite although i would love to see another SS. :D
Clanger67 60

Postby YoungTobias » 22 Nov 2012, 13:34

Good. The first game was criminally underrated.
No longer active due to sustained abuse from other members of the site due to disagreeing with my opinions for reasons they're too lazy to articulate. Enjoy letting the press continue to do your thinking for you while the industry crumbles.
YoungTobias 19

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Nov 2012, 13:42

I know Clanger, makes me sad. Don't think it will ever happen. Thought it was under EAs umbrella rights-wise rather than looking glass/ken levine/Irrational. Which could mean it has been usurped by dead space :cry:

I only rented mirrors edge but really enjoyed it. Was quite a quirky unique game so glad there will be a sequel.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Nov 2012, 13:52

Yeah it;s a damn shame Fishy although i thought the rights to it were still up in the air.The rights to the SS name have changed hands a couple of times and i thought they were up for grabs.

Also on topic please give us the game that the first one should always have been.
Clanger67 60

Postby PaladinRonin » 22 Nov 2012, 22:00

I loved Mirror's Edge but when Dice started doing Battlefield as it is now, I feared that any Mirror's Edge sequal would be long gone. Good to see at lest there is some hope. It was such a great game.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31