to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New IPs for Xbox 720: Microsoft touts "new blood", seeks Hal

Your comments on our articles.

Job listings promise "groundbreaking new AAA entertainment experience"

Lo, when the news teat runneth dry, the enterprising journamalist doth turn his or her attention to the job pages in search of revelations. Today, I discovered that Halo 4 developer 343 Industries is in the market for people who've worked on Massively Multiplayer Online games. Why do you suppose that is?... read more

New IPs for Xbox 720: Microsoft touts "new blood", seeks Hal

Postby kmcroc54 » 21 Nov 2012, 20:04

Sweet can not wait for some new & great IP, plus am looking forward to the next Console.
kmcroc54 1

Re: New IPs for Xbox 720: Microsoft touts "new blood", seeks

Postby severedize » 22 Nov 2012, 22:02

I will send my CV:) I would like the new Xbox to have more PC and Japanese developers.
severedize 11

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Nov 2012, 23:42

Hmph, whilst i can only be pleased at MS investigating new IPs for next gen, it still pains me that one of my favourites (technically) of theirs has been so badly mistreated this gen and is thus unlikely to ever get the sequel it deserved. If they told me they'd have a next gen, proper sequel to Crackdown ready for launch i'd fly to MS HQ and give them my money in person :(
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby schwepterbrowser » 23 Nov 2012, 00:53

I thought you had better taste than that, Sid. Both of the Crackdown games are horrible!
schwepterbrowser 56

Postby SidTheSloth » 23 Nov 2012, 09:19

schwepterbrowser wrote:I thought you had better taste than that, Sid. Both of the Crackdown games are horrible!

B-but... I really like(d) it... :(

Ha, my friend reckons my problem with my gaming backlog is that i like too many genres of game so end up trying to buy everything, have the same problem with music and films too!
I just thought Crackdown was a great 'brainless fun' game, running around chasing orbs and kicking cars off the road into the ocean? Awesome - although a lot of people who don't/didn't like the game never played it long enough to get powers good enough to see that stuff. Co-op was hilarious too, some of the weapons allowed for great griefing opportunities. We've discussed it many times before on site though how the sequel was far from impressive, but not bad considering the restrictions MS placed on the dev team :(

And better taste? You are talking to the site's resident Dynasty Warriors fan! :P
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby CunningSmile » 23 Nov 2012, 10:24

SidTheSloth wrote:And better taste? You are talking to the site's resident Dynasty Warriors fan! :P

I thought that was a positive descrimination quota thing and you drew the short straw! You mean you actually DO enjoy them :shock:
Why all the fuss about Dragon Age? Gears of War had a gay character years ago and no one complained...wait, you mean Marcus was straight :shock:
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Nov 2012, 11:14

Do we all have to like something we can openly acknowledge is crap? If so I call dibs on duke nukem forever and the first AvP film.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 68

Postby SidTheSloth » 23 Nov 2012, 18:49

CunningSmile wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:And better taste? You are talking to the site's resident Dynasty Warriors fan! :P

I thought that was a positive descrimination quota thing and you drew the short straw! You mean you actually DO enjoy them :shock:

Yep. I suppose it's not a surprising coincidence that two of my four busted controllers over the years had a worn out X button :cry:

I can see how the games are painfully flawed, each one hardly differs from the last and yet i still cannot stop buying, playing and enjoying them :cry:
SidTheSloth 53

Postby msbhvn » 23 Nov 2012, 20:42

SidTheSloth wrote:
schwepterbrowser wrote:I thought you had better taste than that, Sid. Both of the Crackdown games are horrible!

B-but... I really like(d) it... :(

Ha, my friend reckons my problem with my gaming backlog is that i like too many genres of game so end up trying to buy everything, have the same problem with music and films too!
I just thought Crackdown was a great 'brainless fun' game, running around chasing orbs and kicking cars off the road into the ocean? Awesome - although a lot of people who don't/didn't like the game never played it long enough to get powers good enough to see that stuff. Co-op was hilarious too, some of the weapons allowed for great griefing opportunities. We've discussed it many times before on site though how the sequel was far from impressive, but not bad considering the restrictions MS placed on the dev team :(

And better taste? You are talking to the site's resident Dynasty Warriors fan! :P

I just got Crackdown 2 for £2.99 from Amazon's Black Friday Deals because I did exactly the same as you in the first game and really enjoyed it. That was long enough ago that even if the second is identical to the first, it won't matter. :D
#SaveOXM
msbhvn 68