to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Sleeping Dogs DLC, Portal 2, Spelunky, Lara

Your comments on our articles.

Deals run till 26th November - come and get it!

Microsoft has unveiled another raft of Xbox Live Marketplace deals, covering a brace of DLC packs and Xbox Live Arcade titles. Spelunky, people! Spelunky for cheaps!... read more

Postby msbhvn » 22 Nov 2012, 12:55

Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 have been reduced to £11.99, not £19.99.

I'm considering Spelunky, Lara Croft and Space Channel 5 Part 2. :D

EDIT: And another correction, Dead Island is £14.99, not £19.99. It's also not that good a deal, as you can get the so-called GOTY Edition for around £15 online which includes all the DLC.
Last edited by msbhvn on 22 Nov 2012, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Clanger67 » 22 Nov 2012, 12:55

Reckon i might go for the Ryder White dlc for Dead Island love that game.Shame i stil lhaven't picked L4D2 up though for the dlc.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Xbox Live sale: Sleeping Dogs DLC, Portal 2, Spelunky, L

Postby OXM ETboy » 22 Nov 2012, 13:13

Cheers, msbhvn - edited.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby schwepterbrowser » 22 Nov 2012, 13:16

Even worse deal as the Dead Island GotY Edition is £10 in a lot of places, rather than £15. I wouldn't get Space Channel 5 Part 2, either, I've seen the Dreamcast Collection disk for under £5 and it's included in that.

*Edit: You've left SVC: Streets of Rage off the list. I've bought that, South Park & I Am Alive already; considering Spelunky and Rock Band Blitz.
Last edited by schwepterbrowser on 22 Nov 2012, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby msbhvn » 22 Nov 2012, 13:20

I had the Dreamcast Collection and got rid of it, because all the games ran from disc and you couldn't upgrade Sonic Adventure to the DX version. I already have Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure DX from previous sales and don't care about SEGA Bass Fishing.

If you don't mind running games from disc or the DX upgrade for Sonic Adventure, then yes, the DC collection is a better deal.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Nov 2012, 14:20

I was tempted by I am alive but felt it was too narrow if you get my meaning. The few combat situations it seemed to be expecting you to do it one way only otherwise death. Other than that nowt really I'm interested in.

Anyone won on that scratch card app thing?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 25 Nov 2012, 20:05

FishyGinger wrote:I was tempted by I am alive but felt it was too narrow if you get my meaning. The few combat situations it seemed to be expecting you to do it one way only otherwise death. Other than that nowt really I'm interested in.

Anyone won on that scratch card app thing?

I won it about a month ago and got an alien mask avatar item.

Microsoft, you spoil us. :lol:
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38