to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Far Cry 3 tips: how to make friends and hurt people using an

Your comments on our articles.

In memory of Steve Irwin

Far Cry 3 has corrupted me, readers. It has turned me from a softly-spoken vegetarian and loving cat-owner into... something else. It's not that I don't love animals anymore, exactly. It's more that I love them for... different reasons. For instance: the noises they make when they burn, and the many wondrous things that can be assembled using their skin.... read more

Far Cry 3 tips: how to make friends and hurt people using an

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Nov 2012, 21:13

Bears. The arseholes of the animal kingdom, or at least that portion of the animal kingdom that resides inside videogames. The ones in Far Cry 3 are as annoying as the ones in Skyrim, as I discovered one afternoon when I trotted, whistling, into a roadside bush and it turned around and bit me in the face. Respawning, I succumbed to the red mist, ran to the nearest shop, bought the biggest RPG in the game and returned to the scene of my death, demanding satisfaction.

The bear that had killed me was nowhere to be seen, but I spotted another one just down the road, engaged in bear-fisticuffs with a jeep. I levelled the RPG, fired and watched the blast cloud propel both grizzly and car into the stratosphere. Sweet lady victory! Then I turned around and the bear I'd been hunting bit me in the face.

would make an epic Hollywood blockbuster
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Far Cry 3 tips: how to make friends and hurt people usin

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 27 Nov 2012, 10:40

"I levelled the RPG, fired and watched the blast cloud propel both grizzly and car into the stratosphere"

That's enough for me to know I NEED this game! :twisted:
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby comabob » 27 Nov 2012, 21:42

Being Australian - i have to ask =

What does this article or Far Cry in general have to do with beloved aussie icon Steve Irwin?

Im not offended - just unsure of the reference.

Afterall its not like you hunted any sting-rays is it?
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby OXM ETboy » 28 Nov 2012, 22:43

I was vaguely referring to my and Steve's common interest in abusing/being abused by animals ;) No disrespect intended.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby STE MO » 29 Nov 2012, 00:13

OXM ETboy wrote:I was vaguely referring to my and Steve's common interest in abusing/being abused by animals ;) No disrespect intended.

Do you want to rephrase that Ed? I caught this out the corner of my eye today :oops:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/no ... iality-ban
STE MO 50

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Nov 2012, 11:26

A second later, a nightmare stood on the precipice. It resembled the offspring of a Pink Floyd album and some candyfloss, but believe me when I tell you that not Conan the Barbarian himself could have met those eyes without trembling. A Cassowary, for those who haven't been keeping up with their ornithology, is basically a cut-price ostrich that communicates by kicking things to death. If you're ever around and about in the jungle, and you hear a noise like a door being torn off its hinges, it's time for a change of scene.

I've actually been chased by a cassowary across what felt like two thousand miles of Australian rain forest. I've swum with sharks, faced off against wild dogs, chased REALLY big spiders out the bath but the cassowary is truly one of the most terrifying animals in existance!

Except the Honey Badger, those things eat your testicles
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator