to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Issue 93! Aliens! GTA 5! Bioshock Infinite! Free posters!

Your comments on our articles.

They mostly come out at all self-respecting newsagents. Mostly.

Calm down, unwary reader - that splayed bundle of protuberances hurtling towards your face isn't, in fact, an Alien facehugger. It's the cover of our latest issue, which includes an enormous Aliens: Colonial Marines preview with exclusive screens, Gearbox commentary and two - count them - two free Aliens posters. What are you waiting for, sweethearts? Breakfast in bed?... read more

Issue 93! Aliens! GTA 5! Bioshock Infinite! Free posters!

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Nov 2012, 21:15

What are you waiting for, sweethearts? Breakfast in bed?

Yup

But after the food I think I'l go out and buy this issue
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Issue 93! Aliens! GTA 5! Bioshock Infinite! Free posters

Postby Clanger67 » 23 Nov 2012, 21:28

I hope the Aliens: CM article can confirm they have acid for blood yet.Been itching to pre order it,but think i am gonna leave it until it gets a bit closer and get some concrete details on it.Good posters though. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby NinthGeorgesw » 23 Nov 2012, 22:34

Clanger67 wrote:I hope the Aliens: CM article can confirm they have acid for blood yet.Been itching to pre order it,but think i am gonna leave it until it gets a bit closer and get some concrete details on it.Good posters though. :D

I read on the Gearbox forums that acid blood was confirmed.
NinthGeorgesw 42

Postby Clanger67 » 23 Nov 2012, 22:48

NinthGeorgesw wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:I hope the Aliens: CM article can confirm they have acid for blood yet.Been itching to pre order it,but think i am gonna leave it until it gets a bit closer and get some concrete details on it.Good posters though. :D

I read on the Gearbox forums that acid blood was confirmed.

Cool,cheers for that are you sure it is proper acid for blood though.All the gameplay vids. that came out at the beginning of the year showed that the alien blood didn't do any splash damage etc.Despite how brilliant it looks in every other department that would be a major downer for me if that is still the case.

Edit: Had a quick look on there and they have introduced the spitter.An alien that spits and causes acid damage. :roll: Isn't that a bit L4D.Anyway can't find anything saying the normal aliens cause acid damage,plus a few of the comments i read all still agree that the acid blood looks way too radioactive green.Just hope they don't balls the whole game up just for the sake of something like that.
Clanger67 60

Postby NinthGeorgesw » 24 Nov 2012, 00:51

From what I could gather, alien blood will hurt you if you are up close but there is new mechanic that can counteract the effects. Or as Randy said to me “what is the opposite of an acid?” “A base, so we have incorporated a gel that you will be able to apply to the affected areas that will stop the damage caused by acid burns.”

I found this on one of the links from the forums, so acid blood is very likely.
I agree that the spitter does look a bit too familiar. There's also a Xeno that bursts when you get too close to it, spraying acid everywhere, which seems kind of like the Boomer in Left 4 Dead. I am slightly worried that Colonial Marines will end up just feeling like an Aliens reskin of L4D.
NinthGeorgesw 42

Postby Bezza89 » 24 Nov 2012, 00:57

NinthGeorgesw wrote:I am slightly worried that Colonial Marines will end up just feeling like an Aliens reskin of L4D.

There are a lot worse, if it is like L4D it will be better than it by default, because it has a story of some sort and has aliens, not the oversaturated zombies, not to suggest there aren't loads of aliens in some games, but not the 'alien'.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Clanger67 » 24 Nov 2012, 01:53

Yeah maybe it is just me being paranoid.Totally agree Bezza zombies are being done to death at the min.,lol.The alien for me is still one of the scariest,brilliant creatures ever created despite being slightly humanoid.I think the Predator would be a close second.Anyway seems if they have sorted that slight niggle it should be the alien game we should have had years ago.From the vids. it looks mint.
Clanger67 60

Postby PaladinRonin » 24 Nov 2012, 15:33

Read the article on Thurdsay [I'm a subscriber so I get mine in the post. : D] and I really look forward to Alien: Colonial Marines. I'm very intersted in the L4D ideas they have as I think it would really liven up multiplayer. I hope that diffrent play styles or aproches will be needed to combat diffrent xenomorphs. For exsample, as the Crusher has a bullet proff skull, I image that you'd have to get around it.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby BoerthalsHill » 24 Nov 2012, 23:17

I'd love to read this month's issue, but its late again on Zinio. Last few issues have been about a week late. Beginning to wish that I hadn't subscribed now...
BoerthalsHill 4