to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Valve writer reckons Guillermo del Toro could make an awesom

Your comments on our articles.

" Half-Life is essentially horror after all."

Long-standing Valve writer Marc Laidlaw has shared a few thoughts on the prospect of a Half-Life movie with New Rising Media.... read more

Valve writer reckons Guillermo del Toro could make an awesom

Postby RedBelmont » 26 Nov 2012, 15:03

Who could play Gordon Freeman?

Gary Oldman hands down, no one else could be more suitable.
The Danger Zone
RedBelmont 31

Re: Valve writer reckons Guillermo del Toro could make an aw

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Nov 2012, 15:08

Gary Oldman? Pah, he has nothing on David Hasselhoff.

Or Fassbender for a slightly more serious answer.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby EdDeRs1 » 26 Nov 2012, 15:36

i say put Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell on the case, why? do i need to explain myself
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Maverick_McCool » 26 Nov 2012, 17:01

EdDeRs1 wrote:i say put Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell on the case, why? do i need to explain myself

Not really , considering your answer to everything is Bruce Campell. :D I'm suprised you haven't suggested Judge Dredd should be in it yet. :lol:

Actually Dredd stomping around City 17 slaughtering Combine and headcrabs would be a pretty neat crossover.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby STE MO » 26 Nov 2012, 21:44

I did write some really witty and funny sentence but thanks to my iPad I lost it and couldn't be bothered to write it again. I know it was unusual for me but I did honest.

The role of Gordon has to go to the guy from Breaking Bad, it's a no brainer, Aleks Vance would be Halle Berry because she is so damn hot that I would do unthinkabley nice things to her :D . Who would direct it? Now that's a hard one maybe the Wachowski brothers, think that they'll do a good job :mrgreen:
STE MO 50

Postby ItchyRash » 27 Nov 2012, 10:26

STE MO wrote:Who would direct it? Now that's a hard one maybe the Wachowski brothers, think that they'll do a good job :mrgreen:

I shit you not, The Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski brother and sister. I'm not playing. It happened. Not that that has any baring on how good they are or capable of making a film. It just blew my mind when I found out. Ok maybe that a bit far. I was actually quite indifferent
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Nov 2012, 11:02

STE MO wrote:The role of Gordon has to go to the guy from Breaking Bad, it's a no brainer, :

First image that sprang to mind when I read this. The man was born for that part.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Nov 2012, 11:03

Not only that but halle berry and the Wachowskis? What the fudge are you on, that would be awful. Alyx vance isn't in her mid forties.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby STE MO » 27 Nov 2012, 21:25

FishyGinger wrote:Not only that but halle berry and the Wachowskis? What the fudge are you on, that would be awful. Alyx vance isn't in her mid forties.

Yeah but Halle Berry is MILF of the highest order!! So I could forgive the age thing.
STE MO 50

Postby STE MO » 27 Nov 2012, 21:28

ItchyRash wrote:
STE MO wrote:Who would direct it? Now that's a hard one maybe the Wachowski brothers, think that they'll do a good job :mrgreen:

I shit you not, The Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski brother and sister. I'm not playing. It happened. Not that that has any baring on how good they are or capable of making a film. It just blew my mind when I found out. Ok maybe that a bit far. I was actually quite indifferent

What the................ :shock:
STE MO 50

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Nov 2012, 10:49

STE MO wrote:
ItchyRash wrote:I shit you not, The Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski brother and sister. I'm not playing. It happened. Not that that has any baring on how good they are or capable of making a film. It just blew my mind when I found out. Ok maybe that a bit far. I was actually quite indifferent

What the................ :shock:

It's true, I looked it up last night on Wiki and Empire Online. Larry W. is now Lana, and professionally they are calling themselves Wachowski Starship (presumably because they actually wanted to be a country band in the '70s)
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator