to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 5: what Halo 4 players want from Master Chief's next ou

Your comments on our articles.

Firefight 2.0, bigger maps and more

I'm rather impressed by what 343 has achieved with Halo 4, but as of oh, around 72 hours ago, I don't want Microsoft's home-grown mega-studio to develop Halo 5. No indeedy. I'd rather you did it. Yes, you lot - the bustling idea-factories we condescendingly refer to as "readers". The results of last week's Halo 5 wishlist competition are in, and great suggestions are plentiful.... read more

Halo 5: what Halo 4 players want from Master Chief's next ou

Postby rslynas » 27 Nov 2012, 02:21

Just wondering if I am the only one that hates being given all the skulls at the start, in halo 3 there was a huge amount of satisfaction for me when I finally found all the skulls and unlocked the Hayabusa armor, even with the terminals in halo 4 I just have not been able to get the same amount of satisfaction, and would really love 343 to bring back that aspect of the game.
rslynas 1

Re: Halo 5: what Halo 4 players want from Master Chief's nex

Postby Gazisdaman » 27 Nov 2012, 12:22

I know this a little thing that probably didn't matter to most people but it really bugged me. The new designs, the Forward unto dawn was an entirely different ship than the one in halo 3 and the new pelican looks like it was put together from parts of a recycled hind gunship and after having wanted to fly one for so long only for them to make it look like crap was annoying. All this wouldn't bother me except they didn't even bother to say that they were new models or anything they just replaced them like the old ones never existed. The UNSC lacks air power maybe they could make the new pelican design the gunship variant and keep the old one as the troop transport. Again I know this is trivial stuff but for me it would make a huge difference.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Muppetman51 » 27 Nov 2012, 17:19

I know its an old - by now- bone of contention, but how about on disc stuff you can play without needing an online connection. I have no objection to trying to convince what passes for broadband where I live to work when that content needs updating etc. and I really like the idea of an episodic extra campaign, but it seems like an unnecessarily low blow from 343 to not even give a internet free taster.

Also maybe a patch where you can play the Forward Unto Dawn bit on campaign to the soundtrack from Sanford and Son?

(Similarly, Danny Glover's classic "I'm too old for this s**t" as Master Chief's response every time some sodding useless NPC throws a hissy fit?)
You just shot the invisible swordsman!
Muppetman51 30

Postby parkerjm02 » 28 Nov 2012, 22:02

For me the layout and level progression of Halo Reach was a lot better than in the more recent Halo 4. I think that in Halo 5 (seems a bit too soon to be discussing it) the Halo Reach system should be re-introduced. I much prefer it to these levels.
parkerjm02 2

Postby Woody_802 » 11 Jan 2013, 01:23

Great article... Capes.
Woody_802 13

Postby anto135 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:46

As a long time halo fan I thought 343 did an amazing job with halo 4. The only thing that bothered me, and it really did bother me is the fact they took the original soundtrack out of it, the halo soundtrick is one of the most iconic if not the most iconic soundtrack of any game ever made. It sums up the feel of the game and without it, it feels like something is missing. The halo 3 ending is my favorite ending of any game, it was epic with the soundtrack playing as you make your escape on the warthog whilst the land around you crumbles, truely epic. Please if you take note of any fan suggestions let it be to bring back the original soundtrack.
Oh and bring back cortana lol. If not in halo 5, bring her back in halo 6 at least, I appreciate 343 want to do their own thing but cortana has always been with us on our journey as masterchief without her it would be missing another major aspect.
The only other suggestion I'd make is to up the advertisements a little, the anticipation for halo 3 was amazing and the adverts played a big part of it imo because they were so good.
anto135 1

Postby Metalrodent » 18 Mar 2013, 20:26

anto135 wrote:The only thing that bothered me, and it really did bother me is the fact they took the original soundtrack out of it, the halo soundtrick is one of the most iconic if not the most iconic soundtrack of any game ever made.

Agreed, the Halo 4 soundtrack would have been great, had it not been a Halo game - the orginal Frank O Connor music was just so good and iconic it seems weird to play a game without it, of course I'm not saying they re-use it for every game but some elements and parts using it would be very welcome
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Periklis » 26 Apr 2013, 07:46

I believe that master chief will leave the army after the loss of cortana. That will be depicted in the intro video BUT, on Sanghelios,the Elites homeplanet, the elites are in civil war where the arbiter's follower are losing ( visit halo nation for more details on this ). And the other side are the Storm Covenant who get help from ONI(!). I believe that there will be a way to recreate Cortana on Sanghelios( the Sanghelios environment would be something new for the gamers but for the designers too) and that will make Chief return to service and fight elites with elite allies as well ( which is something many fan want ). Chief might be suited with new armor since he removed the last one or he might deny the new armor and wear his legendary one once more.
Periklis 1

Postby jamoplk7 » 15 May 2013, 01:10

I have always thought that firefight+forge would be a good idea, the ability to make your own firefight maps. Place spawn zones for enemies choosing, who spawn there, what class they are when and even if they just spawn in or are dropped off by a dropship. Can't see why this hasn't been done before to be honest.
jamoplk7 1