to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Xbox 360 update tackles problems with Xbox SmartGlass, X

Your comments on our articles.

Major Nelson announces Xbox Live roll-out

A new Xbox 360 update has been or will shortly be released, as detailed by Microsoft's Major Nelson. It's the usual mandatory download, dropped on you when you sign into Xbox Live, and is designed to address problems with those newfangled Xbox Video, Xbox Music and Xbox Smartglass features.... read more

New Xbox 360 update tackles problems with Xbox SmartGlass, X

Postby msbhvn » 27 Nov 2012, 11:58

I haven't experienced any problems with Xbox Video, except wanting to rent Spiderman yesterday and not being able to. :(

The dashboard has been a bit sluggish, but I suppose that's to be expected with all the changes. Hope there's a general performance increase.

SmartGlass is okay, but not having Halo 4, I haven't been able to use it in a game yet.

Anyway, downloading now.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: New Xbox 360 update tackles problems with Xbox SmartGlas

Postby Forbisk » 27 Nov 2012, 13:17

Halo 4 = Great!
Forbisk 4

Postby Metalrodent » 27 Nov 2012, 13:21

I haven't used any of the new features, dont have smartglass, dont have kinect, dont wanna rent films, dont wanna start my music collection again and dont wanna give MS more money then im already paying for Gold
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 27 Nov 2012, 15:13

i have a windows 7 phone, i can use smartglass to navigate the dashboard and use IE, BUT THATS IT,
i have forza Horizon it doesnt show the map, i have halo 4 and it doesnt show anything in that either, so far i think its a major let down, i even brought an android tablet to see if it would work on that....... LOW AND BEHOLD it didnt! i could do all the things i could only do on my phone, so i sold that!! :roll:
its fully functional if you have any device running windows 8 but thats it,
so all this spill about 'it works with any device you currently own' is bull!
WORST PART ABOUT SMARTGLASS is that you doent always manage to sign in :shock:

now ill wait to hear you all say it all works fine for you on all ur non windows 8 devices lol. :wink:
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 27 Nov 2012, 15:13

Metalrodent wrote:I haven't used any of the new features, dont have smartglass, dont have kinect, dont wanna rent films, dont wanna start my music collection again and dont wanna give MS more money then im already paying for Gold

well arnt we a happy sole :lol:
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Nov 2012, 15:33

Bubblebeard JS wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:I haven't used any of the new features, dont have smartglass, dont have kinect, dont wanna rent films, dont wanna start my music collection again and dont wanna give MS more money then im already paying for Gold

The sole, now there's a friendly fish. Always looks up to me. Does sound like you (the royal you, meaning him) don't actually want an xbox though.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby delmariachi » 27 Nov 2012, 17:43

Not so worried about the other bits but smartglass on my Galaxy s2 is handy if nothing more...

Suppose its nice to see MS ironing out the issues..
delmariachi 46

Postby theaslan » 27 Nov 2012, 18:17

Bubblebeard JS wrote:

A sole is a fish...
theaslan 1

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 27 Nov 2012, 19:02

A sole is a fish...[/quote]

which is where he will be sleeping if he dont appreciate his xbox more KAPESH????
8) (just a joke dont take offence)
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Nov 2012, 21:37

Bubblebeard JS wrote:A sole is a fish...

which is where he will be sleeping if he dont appreciate his xbox more KAPESH????
8) (just a joke dont take offence)[/quote]

haha I wont. and for your information people I do like my xbox, In fact I love it and use it all the time. However I mainly want it for gaming, the apps are nice but as of the moment I dont want to pay for a load more services
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67