to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Far Cry 3 map editor video promises "infinite" possibilities

Your comments on our articles.

Shape an island, stuff it full of alligators, result

I've just had the most brilliant idea: Far Cry 3 - I'm A Celebrity Edition. The idea is that somebody creates a tropical island full of bears and Cassowarys for regular team deathmatch. One team then plays the part of human traffickers and smugglers, while the others pretend to be Z-listers like Kim Kardashian, Jedward and Mr Blobby. Then the first set of people attempt to maim, burn and suffocate the second. It's going to be huge! Somebody pass me a big fat cigar!... read more

Far Cry 3 map editor video promises "infinite" possibilities

Postby Clanger67 » 27 Nov 2012, 11:59

This looks brill. and there have been rumblings about it in the other thread.Looks like it is pretty easy to get to grips with and will add loads to the normal game.Glad you can mess about with it for the SP as well. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Far Cry 3 map editor video promises "infinite" possibili

Postby PonderingWalrus » 27 Nov 2012, 12:26

In terms of singleplayer, what can you actually do with the map editor? Can you put wildlife into the map? What about AI humans? I'd love to be able to do that but don't have my hopes particularly high... :(
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Clanger67 » 27 Nov 2012, 12:37

At the end of the vid. it tells you in the SP sandbox you can introduce vehicles,wildlife and there will be certain AI's to go up against.
Clanger67 60

Postby PopeTackler » 27 Nov 2012, 15:18

You won't be able to change or add to the single-player experience but you'll be given a sandbox area where you can create stuff for other people to play, aside from multiplayer maps. Maybe they'll let you add in objectives for other players to complete in this unique sandbox you've created. Something along the lines of Hitman Absolution's Contracts mode.
PopeTackler 1

Postby PonderingWalrus » 27 Nov 2012, 16:51

Clanger67 wrote:At the end of the vid. it tells you in the SP sandbox you can introduce vehicles,wildlife and there will be certain AI's to go up against.

Thanks. :) I probably should have watched the video before posting my question. :mrgreen: Might have helped.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Clanger67 » 27 Nov 2012, 16:56

PonderingWalrus wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:At the end of the vid. it tells you in the SP sandbox you can introduce vehicles,wildlife and there will be certain AI's to go up against.

Thanks. :) I probably should have watched the video before posting my question. :mrgreen: Might have helped.

Lol,no worries.
Clanger67 60

Postby PonderingWalrus » 28 Nov 2012, 00:33

Actually watched the video now and I desperately want this. Far Cry 2's map editor was good but the fact that you could only develop stuff for it's "meh" multiplayer let it down a bit. If Far Cry 3 will let us develop a bit of singleplayer content as well as multiplayer content you can count me in! :D
PonderingWalrus 42