to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC hits Xbox Live Marketplace

Your comments on our articles.

Get your fill of BioWare's largest ME3 DLC pack now

OK, ladies - it's time to strap your armoured vambraces back on, pop a little elemental brouhaha into the breech of that shotgun and head for the airlock. Mass Effect 3's Omega DLC is live.... read more

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC hits Xbox Live Marketplace

Postby YoungTobias » 27 Nov 2012, 20:38

1200 points for something that conceivably could have been on the disk since we already knew Aria had lost Omega. Also, only three achievements. BioWare and EA continue to get stingier and more brazen, and the fans continue to thank them for it. There's no other entertainment industry in which dishonesty and laziness is rewarded. Expect the next DLC to come in at 1600 points and have two achievements worth 75gs. Just know that we've all allowed this to happen.
No longer active due to sustained abuse from other members of the site due to disagreeing with my opinions for reasons they're too lazy to articulate. Enjoy letting the press continue to do your thinking for you while the industry crumbles.
YoungTobias 19

Re: Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC hits Xbox Live Marketplace

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 27 Nov 2012, 20:57

YoungTobias wrote:1200 points for something that conceivably could have been on the disk since we already knew Aria had lost Omega. Also, only three achievements. BioWare and EA continue to get stingier and more brazen, and the fans continue to thank them for it. There's no other entertainment industry in which dishonesty and laziness is rewarded. Expect the next DLC to come in at 1600 points and have two achievements worth 75gs. Just know that we've all allowed this to happen.

But you're still buying it?
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Waffles2541 » 27 Nov 2012, 20:59

YoungTobias wrote:1200 points for something that conceivably could have been on the disk since we already knew Aria had lost Omega. Also, only three achievements. BioWare and EA continue to get stingier and more brazen, and the fans continue to thank them for it. There's no other entertainment industry in which dishonesty and laziness is rewarded. Expect the next DLC to come in at 1600 points and have two achievements worth 75gs. Just know that we've all allowed this to happen.

Yes, but I would rather have a several hour campaign add on than what was most likely a single mission for on the disk. Also I don't know how exactly this is dishonest and lazy, they even said in interviews that this was originally going to be part of the main game but they decided that so much more could be done with it.

Plus I have heard this on loads of dlc forums recently, 'It should already be on the disk'. I do hope thats not going to be the excuse for everyone for every piece of dlc in the future. Didn't hear much moaning about Lair of the Shadow Broker Dlc for ME2 and that was effectively a sure bet from the start.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby ItchyRash » 27 Nov 2012, 23:59

I knew you'd have your say in this forum again. Considering you yourself are buying this does that mean you accept you're to blame as well?

Also there's no reason for this to be on the disk. If it wouldn't have added anything to the main story and they thought they could make more of the Omega/Aria story by leaving it aside for later then why shouldn't they. In one play-through I got 25+ hours out of the campaign so I don't think I can say I didn't get value for money without this being part of the game.

Also what does number of achievements have to do with the worth of DLC. I love achievements but I couldn't care if this had one achievement or 50 attached to it. Sure achievements can add something to the game as an extra incentive but they shouldn't have any baring on the worth of a game or DLC.

Lastly, as much as I hate your constant bitching about Mass Effect 3/EA/Bioware i'd miss you if you weren't around
Last edited by ItchyRash on 28 Nov 2012, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Nov 2012, 10:46

Which reminds me, I really must watch Saw 7
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Nov 2012, 11:34

CunningSmile wrote:
Which reminds me, I really must watch Saw 7

Don't forget the dvd of that doesn't come with the extras like deleted scenes and whatnot. That's coming out later so you have to buy the whole film again to watch those.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby SkinnerChinner » 28 Nov 2012, 12:30

Déjà vu: French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced had been experienced in the past.

Ahhhh you do make me chuckle YT :lol: weren't you saying elsewhere your buying it as you "invested in a full trilogy"?? :roll:

I'll pick up at some point but I'm in no rush (mayhaps in a sale?), I plan to playthrough the series again at some stage.
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Nov 2012, 13:21

Seen a review on eurogamer which slates it heavily. OXM going to review this at some point?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Alaric14 » 28 Nov 2012, 19:25

Just finished the Omega DLC. It would have been nice if they'd upped the presentation factor a little in the audio department. Silent crowds of cheering people? Fierce gunfights where only a couple of bullets are heard? Hell, the general ambience of rooms and corridors (or lack thereof) just doesn't convince me that I'm in the game world at all, and some scenes are terrible to watch compared to what we see in the launch trailer. For 1200 points I expected atmospheric perfection at least, but I'm still happy to have played it. Not as good as Leviathan though.

I know, I'm an idiot for posting this in the Xbox Live Update topic instead of here, but there you are. Seems to me the negative reviews coming in so far are justified, though I don't think fans who'll buy this because it's Mass Effect DLC should moan if the price tag doesn't deter them.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby cyclekarl » 30 Nov 2012, 19:09

I agree with you and I personally won't spend money on a dead game especially as I was far from pleased with ME3.
cyclekarl 13