to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Why Sonic & Sega All-Stars is 2012's most underrated racing

Your comments on our articles.

Matt takes Sumo's nostalgic kart racer for a spin, and loves it

Amy Rose is an abomination, and Shadow the Hedgehog is the definitive manifestation of everything that SEGA has ever done wrong. I can't blame you for dismissing Sonic's latest, sidekick-stuffed racer, but Transformed is a game that deserves far more attention than it's getting.... read more

Why Sonic & Sega All-Stars is 2012's most underrated racing

Postby Clanger67 » 28 Nov 2012, 14:46

Quite enjoyed the demo. of this yesterday very mario kart 64.Really good how you change from driving to flying etc.Might get it some point after xmas bet it is good fun with a few mates.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: Why Sonic & Sega All-Stars is 2012's most underrated rac

Postby ShadowHeartz » 28 Nov 2012, 15:00

I bought this game i think the day after release because I'm personally a huge Mario kart fan, and this is as close as i can get on the Xbox 360, and i have to say that i love this game, the range of difficulty in the world tour mode is very challenging if you are trying to unlock everything in the game/ get all the achievements. I have to say its defiantly my favorite racing game on the console. :D
ShadowHeartz 18

Postby Freak XXI » 28 Nov 2012, 15:05

I'm surprised this game is not selling well, it's one of those few racers you can pick up and play for a quick fix while the missus gets ready or play all night if she can't that dress she wants to wear. The game caters for all ages, it's simple enough for the little'uns to play but has depth that takes time to master but more important than that, it's immensely good fun, 10 player races and battle arenas bring out the chaos. For ages we've wanted a game that rivals/beats the Italian plumber on wheels...now we have one!

Get it bought, you won't regret it!
Freak XXI 22

Postby Alaric14 » 28 Nov 2012, 15:35

Bought it, loving every minute of it. It leaves a heavy lump of nostalgia in your throat for Panzer Dragoon and Burning Rangers fans (those of us who are old enough anyway - by God, those were great times), plus recent classics like Skies of Arcadia, and it's a fantastic racing game to boot. Universally appealing and incredibly underrated. Oh, and if you like your gaming cake deep and chocolatey-rich you'll enjoy trying to collect every star in Career mode. Yummy!
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby SidTheSloth » 29 Nov 2012, 20:02

Geez, i saw this article yesterday and just found it on page 2 of all places - goes to show how popular the game truly is :roll:

I don't get it really, i don't recall ever meeting anyone who didn't/doesn't like Mario Kart, a lot of people lament the lack of local/splitscreen games, and this package ticks all of those boxes with a cheaper RRP than most games too but still it doesn't get a look-in...

Don't think Sega/Sumo or Codies did themselves any favours whatsoever by releasing their games on the same day either as it diluted what was already a pretty small audience.

Brings me to my last point which is the role of the gaming media with regards to games like this. I don't mean this as a dig at you OXM folk, but unfortunately this article comes after the horse has bolted and most people have spent their gaming pennies elsewhere. It's not just directed at OXM, gaming media folk have X amount of man-days they can write about stuff, a finite amount of space to publish said work, and selfishly, they all want to make a living and eat daily - which requires site traffic/magazines to be sold. If i was in charge and i had a choice between getting my writer to pen two articles about CoD which will be read by 50,000 each or one about CoD & one about Sonic Racers which would attract 50,000 & 5,000 the argument is a no-brainer unfortunately. It just feels like a never ending catch 22, if you guys don't write about the stuff, people will never buy it - but then you'd also probably go bust with the current (here comes the buzzwords!) economic climate...

Dragons Dogma was and is a great example of a gaming underdog being given proper exposure before release and didn't it do well! Omerta: City of Gangsters is out in February - Matthew, please work your magic again! :wink:
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby DGR1980 » 29 Nov 2012, 23:21

Ok. Seriously. You guys really need to stop making me buy games.

Viva Pinata,
Bully
Dragons Dogma,
XCOM

and now this. I'm too poor for this
DGR1980 39

Postby DGR1980 » 01 Dec 2012, 23:13

This game makes me happy. Even the first time i saw and heard the menu
DGR1980 39