to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The OXM Wishlist - GTA 5

Your comments on our articles.

Jonty rants at Rockstar, lives to tell the tale

Jonty reviewed GTA 4 for OXM, so when he stands in front of a pastel-coloured backdrop and lectures you on what you want from GTA 5, you sit straight and pay attention. Well, providing you're in the habit of taking advice from people on Youtube.... read more

The OXM Wishlist - GTA 5

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 11:45

Nooooooooo we don't want an eighties soundtrack worst decade ever for music.Bring back the nineties when musicians actually played their instruments and actually had something to say in the songs.Other than that quite like the ideas that have already been confirmed by R*,can't wait.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Re: The OXM Wishlist - GTA 5

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Nov 2012, 11:47

Clanger67 wrote:Nooooooooo we don't want an eighties soundtrack worst decade ever for music.Bring back the nineties when musicians actually played their instruments and actually had something to say in the songs.Other than that quite like the ideas that have already been confirmed by R*,can't wait.

Mmmbop
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Nov 2012, 11:49

GET BEHIND ME, HANSON
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 11:52

:lol: Thought i would get some stick for that.HOW can you say the eighties had good music with drum machines,computers writing half the music and half the lyrics where bullshit and don't mean anything.And quite often not even written by the artist/singer.

I would say the drum machine narks me most as i can play drums only a proper kit with no sound pads in sight.Where you actually get the tone you want by tuning the drums not pressing some buttons. :lol: :wink:
Clanger67 60

Postby FishyGinger » 29 Nov 2012, 12:37

I see your point clanger. But your point is stupid and so are you. The soundtrack should be made up solely of madness songs.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 12:44

:lol: Trust you to pick Madness Fishy,had your tablets this morning. :P :wink: I wouldn't say madness were that bad though they are a proper band that can play their instruments,.
Clanger67 60

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Nov 2012, 12:49

In all fairness the bulk on groups in the '80s could play instruments and write songs, just a pity that Radio 1 only ever played the 10% from Stock, Aiken and Waterman that didn't.

And it was the '90s that really pushed the five part vocal boy and girl 'bands' that really killed music and led to Xfactor :(
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 29 Nov 2012, 12:50

You're wrong clanger, it should be 60s, 70s, 90s music and nothing else. Like San Andreas. Hanson were a product of the 80s FACT.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 12:53

I would say that was more early 00's myself when manafactured music took over and is still going strong.And to be fair a few bands could play instruments etc. but i disagree that they wrote all their own stuff.Plus the start of boy and girl bands that have stuff written for them actually started in the seventies with Motown.
Clanger67 60

Postby Bezza89 » 29 Nov 2012, 12:54

I blame Pete Waterman, you know, that 80s guy.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Nov 2012, 13:03

Clanger67 wrote:I would say that was more early 00's myself when manafactured music took over and is still going strong.And to be fair a few bands could play instruments etc. but i disagree that they wrote all their own stuff.Plus the start of boy and girl bands that have stuff written for them actually started in the seventies with Motown.

Sorry, I must have imagined Take That, Boyzone, Westlife, Back Street Boys, N-Sync, East 17, Boys II Men, and Spice Girls :wink:
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:04

Good old Bezza a man with musical taste.

I would just clarify i didn't just mean nineties i agree with some of the 60's miss the 70's though GLAM ROCK,noooooooooooo. :lol: :wink:
Clanger67 60

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:06

CunningSmile wrote:
Clanger67 wrote:I would say that was more early 00's myself when manafactured music took over and is still going strong.And to be fair a few bands could play instruments etc. but i disagree that they wrote all their own stuff.Plus the start of boy and girl bands that have stuff written for them actually started in the seventies with Motown.

Sorry, I must have imagined Take That, Boyzone, Westlife, Back Street Boys, N-Sync, East 17, Boys II Men, and Spice Girls :wink:

Yeah but for every one of them you had ten bands that actually had something to say written and played by themselves.

Alice in chains,Soundgarden,pearl jam,Mudhoney,Nirvana,Stone Temple Pilots i could go on and on. :wink:
Clanger67 60

Postby Bezza89 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:16

CunningSmile wrote:Sorry, I must have imagined Take That, Boyzone, Westlife, Back Street Boys, N-Sync, East 17, Boys II Men, and Spice Girls :wink:

They were all dreamt up by Pete Waterman and co though, they're his wet dreams from being exposed to the radioactive computers that he spent 100% of his time with in the 80s. Clangers only done early 90s american bands, but they are all quite respected still now, and if you get the English, or british music scene people regard some of that as the greatest.

Go back to the 70s you have Led Zepp, The Who etc, 60s have those beatle people and that entire era - 67-73 is probably my personal fav era of music, JIMI HENDRIX anyone? Clapton. Neil Young. But the 80s? They have some great music bits and some very catchy tunes but it is mostly remembered for 'cheese on toast dunked in faeces' music, but I do believe motorhead, AC DC and Journey were created here, though I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are late 70s. Bob James, what is he?

Anyway, I would much rather have the classics from the widely regarded great eras and have an 80s radio station and that is all - none of that rap crap... you're on the dust.

By the by clang, me n you are in the minority in these forums for our 80s apathy, we should watch our backs and be wary for flock of seagulls haircuts and big collars /Racism
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Clanger67 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:19

Good call with Hendrix and it was actually us british that made Hendrix as the americans weren't interested in him when he first started.

:lol: No worries Bezza i have broad shoulders and i like being niche. :wink:
Clanger67 60

Next