to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Shoot the core: Microsoft Vancouver rebrands as "limit-pushi

Your comments on our articles.

In-house AAA studio will "think and act big"

We've been wondering what the hell's going down at Microsoft's Vancouver studio since the manufacturer posted vacancies for work on an AAA multiplayer shooter in May this year. The studio's rebranding as Black Tusk Studios doesn't shed much light, but it does reaffirm that touted commitment to core games development in a fairly big way. Look at the new logo. Menacing, isn't it?... read more

Shoot the core: Microsoft Vancouver rebrands as "limit-pushi

Postby Bezza89 » 29 Nov 2012, 14:11

Considering Halo and Gears, Respawn and Destiny - we're ok for sci-fi shooters... but if it is anything like SW Battlefront, count me in - I think Destiny looks like BF tbh.

I think sci-fi is the way to go - it takes away all restrictions like gravity, continuity with how fast stuff goes etc - you can just say yeah it's sci-fi, we have massive phallic structures that float for no reason (Halo 4), all these magic tricks? The for... err... Space dust. Why we're all sexy looking and not over 40 but then suddenly 80; non-specific scientific breakthroughs (Mass effect).

Even Skyrim has sci-fi, like the sweet rolls that can logically explain any inconsistencies with the game engine. The mammoth flew you say? You were on skooma. Add to this complete creative control when designing art, and sci-fi is king.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: Shoot the core: Microsoft Vancouver rebrands as "limit-p

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Nov 2012, 14:13

Bezza89 wrote:The mammoth flew you say? You were on skooma.

That was never proven and the city guard dropped all charges!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Shoot the core: Microsoft Vancouver rebrands as "limit-p

Postby msbhvn » 29 Nov 2012, 14:29

The skooma in Skyrim is weak anyway. I get my s*** imported straight from Elsweyr. It's so strong that every time I take it, I see GOD... erm, I mean Talos!
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66